The Hoxton, Poblenou | Avinguda Diagonal, 205, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
The Hoxton is looking for an Apartment Host!
In April 2022 we’ve opened our first Hoxton in El Poblenou in the city of Barcelona and we’re looking for a charismatic Apartment Host to join our hox team in Barcelona.
Reporting to the Events Ops Manager, you will be responsible to create and deliver unforgettable experiences for our guests and support the smooth running of day and evening functions, meetings and events, making sure the guests that use our space have a brilliant experience whether it is for a business meeting or a social occasion.
This is our 11th Hoxton and the hotel boasts 240 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant and deli shop, a rooftop restaurant and pool, a huge basement events space and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept).
What you’ll do…
- Assist with managing day and evening events, working within the strategy and events programme set.
- Pro-actively provide input and feedback, look for opportunities to improve and innovate how we’re using the space and how we manage it.
- You’ll be the go-to for all delegates, and you have your own way of helping them with what they need, making them welcome and at ease.
- Whether it’s setting up the space for day or evening, handling ad-hoc requests and queries, dealing with invoices or gathering feedback – we rely on you to ensure internal and external customers have the best possible experience with us.
- Handle stock & expenses and manage the relationship with our events suppliers & contractors.
- Ensure our space is set to impress from first light, to close of play, with everything in-between.
- Keep on top of our meeting room maintenance and ensuring all the rooms are set up correctly, with billing and checking in and out for events are smooth.
- Liaise closely with our Groups and Events team and work closely with the rest of the hotel team to ensure you are providing a great experience for our guests, from first contact to when they go and beyond.
- Take overall responsibility for the health & safety of anyone using the area, including yourself.
- Provide a secure environment for customers and their property.
What we’re looking for…
- Previous experience in a similar hospitality event operations management role in a busy, bustling environment. You’ve possibly worked in restaurant groups, hotels or contract events catering before.
- Having used Micro Fidelio Opera or a similar front desk operating system would be a big advantage.
- Be fluent in Spanish and English, Catalan will by highly valuable as other additional languages.
- You are the person that knows everyone, and they all know you.
- Nothing is an issue for you, you know what our guests want even before they do.
- Someone who’s great at growing and nurturing long lasting relationships; people are naturally drawn to working with you.
- You understand hospitality, it’s in everything you do.
- You pay attention to the details and care about creating great work.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- Type of contract: Fijo discontinuo (up to 10 months).
- The opportunity to be part of the Events Ops function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Barcelona (and Spain).
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Sus datos serán tratados por The Hoxton, Poblenou (Middlebury Invest, S.L.) para posibilitar su participación en nuestro proceso de selección. Puede solicitar información adicional acerca del referido tratamiento o sobre el ejercicio de sus derechos, entre otros, de acceso, rectificación, supresión, oposición o portabilidad dirigiéndose a: The Hoxton, Poblenou, Avda. Diagonal, 205. 08018 Barcelona o a email@example.com.
Thank you for applying!