SO/ Auckland | 67 Customs Street East, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
SO/ is a coveted collection of hotels rooted in the world of fashion, commanding attention with it’s Avant garde design and creative approach to the world of luxury.
We are on the lookout for a driven Sales Manager to come join the the team and help us achieve our business goals and thrive in the local market! So come join us in the front row at SO/ Auckland and become a part of Accor's lifestyle brand collective Ennismore!
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with existing and new stakeholders as well as identifying opportunities for growth with the aim of building a strong sales strategy for the hotel. Duties will include:
- To actively identify, develop and secure business for all segments of the hotel along with the Business Development Manager (this role will focus on Corporate & MICE business)
- Responsible for managing demand and availability for business by pro-actively acquiring new business, developing and retaining existing business (locally, nationally & internationally)
- Work along side the rest of the Sales Team to drive business and achieve targets as well as workings along side other hotel department to deliver the best guest experience
- Prepare and execute creative sales strategies to maximize our revenues
- Maintain effective communication with wider Sales functions in the Region providing market intelligence on a regular basis and understanding of market strengths, weaknesses and ongoing sales activities
- Represent The SO/ brand at industry networking events and Sales Trips and organise on-site client entertainment, show rounds and familiarization visits
- Assist in the development of the Annual Business Plan and Financial Budget for the Sales & Marketing Department, use this as a guide to controlling expenditure and meet budget during the financial year
- Previous experience in a similar role for minimum 3 years, preferably within a 5 star luxury/lifestyle hotel environment
- Knowledgably in the use of CRM/PMS tools – Salesforce (Delphi), Opera and CVENT
- Understanding of luxury guest expectations and desire to meet these expectations
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and delivering professional presentations.
- Understanding of hotel financial reporting and key performance indicators.
- Projects professional image at all times through personal presentation/ interpersonal skills and establishes rapport easily
- Maintains awareness of industry trends in service, product and presentation
- Desire and ability to mentor, train and develop staff
- The opportunity to really make an impact and bring the SO/ Brand to life in New Zealand
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands
- International accommodation and retail discounts across varying Ennismore & Accor Hotels properties with access to Family & Friends Hotel Discounts as well for some Hotel Brands as well
- Opportunities for further development and worldwide career progression within Ennismore/Accor