The Hoxton, Brussels | Square Victoria Régina 1, 1210 Brussels, Belgium
The Hoxton & Working From_ is making its way to Brussels!
In May 2023, we opened our first hotel and co-working space in the city of Brussels and we’re looking for a an experienced Chief Engineer to play a crucial part in successfully bringing our concepts to the market.
The hotel boasts 198 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant and coffee shop, a rooftop restaurant and bar with views across the city and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept).
Working From_ brings our unique approach to co-working to Brussels. Our 3rd global location features double height windows, a mixture of memberships and office spaces, open kitchen pantries and transparent policies.
What you’ll do…
- Develop and implement departmental policies, health & safety, procedures and other training programmes ensuring they align with the Hoxton’s brand standards.
- Prepare and be responsable for the departmental budget, ensuring that costs and inventory are controlled, that productivity and performance levels are attained.
- Manage and lead your team, from recruitment and induction through to team development, encouraging a highly proactive and high performing environment that ultimately allows the team to deliver and be themselves.
- Lead the engineering team in the day-to-day engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, including service standards, equipment and work schedules.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of guests and staff, as well as the proper conditions for plants, machinery, and property.
- Coordinate and monitor contractors and suppliers to ensure that services and goods delivered in line with the hotel’s policies.
- Work proactively to improve guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and timely response to guest enquiries
- Operate in compliance with all local laws and government regulations and best practice activities are planned, delivered and documented for internal and external audit, performing follow-up as required.
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property as required.
- Ensure that members of the department are all fully qualified to perform aspects for their jobs for which they are responsible.
- Establish and deliver an effective planned preventative maintenance programme (PPM).
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders.
What we’re looking for…
- A minimum of 4 years Engineering Management experience in Hotel or building maintenance.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to priorities and adapt to the changing needs of the operation.
- Proven planning and project management skills.
- Experience in managing a team to successfully achieve the hotel’s goals.
- Sound technical knowledge on air conditioning, plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical and mechanical aspects.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Brussels (and Belgium) and have a real impact on its success.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- Reimbursement of transport costs
- 1 meal per day
- Eco-chèques (250€/year)
- Bonus program
- GSM + laptop