Sales Manager – Morgans Originals
Ennismore London | Ninth Floor 70 Colombo St, SE1 8DP, London, UK
From our dazzling location in the heart of London, Morgans Originals offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theatre.
We have a fabulous opportunity to join St Martins Lane London and Sanderson London as Sales Manager.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Head of Transient Sales, responsible for booking Corporate Negotiated business from all markets whilst increasing St Martins Lane and Sanderson’s market share. This includes conducting customer sales calls, presentations, preparing and executing action plans, negotiating rates/contracts to increase and maintain a solid customer base.
In a nutshell: key duties
• To manage a defined list of corporate accounts to include prospecting new business, managing and maintaining existing accounts to grow performance and increase market share.
• Prospect new business to replace older, lower rated accounts.
• Exceed pre-determined revenue goals set by Head of Transient Sales.
• Ensure Delphi is updated with all account information following all meetings, all correspondence and client entertainment.
• Analyze historical and other statistical information (market segmentation, business diversity, current partnership deals) to penetrate your given market segment. Conduct customer sales calls, interviews/presentations and ongoing account assessments to maximize revenue growth.
• Develop the existing customer base, increase production and revenues while harnessing key account relationships.
• Solicit all corporate, business directly and jointly with Ennismore sales people through the preparation, execution and completion of action plans.
• Compile and analyze month end reports of corporate negotiated accounts. Review and implement action plans to address market share penetration and marketing initiatives.
• Within established parameters, quote and negotiate rates with customers, handle and follow up on inquiries, proposals and contracts and RFP’s within the company guidelines.
• Conduct site inspections for potential customers, entertain, facilitate FAM trips, plan and execute sales trips and assume the responsibility as the direct sales contact within your market.
• Complete a pre-determined number of new key prospecting calls per week, while maintaining and improving our customer database: Delphi.
• Maintain a strong liaison between reservations, Central Reservations and revenue management to ensure that our partnership contracted rates are loaded and available in the GDS & CRS.
• Maintain a strong liaison between Sales, Marketing, Event Sales and Operations to ensure all VIP’s and preferred accounts are managed accordingly.
• Interact and manage the Key Account process through Global Sales.
• Upon closing all critical business deals, coordinate and follow-up with other hotel departments to ensure delivery of superior guest service.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required
• As directed, participate in trade shows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel, the industry and customer organizations.
• Achieve established room night and revenue goals as outlined by the Regional Director of Sales and Marketing.
• Plan and execute key sales trips to your given market segments, and go above and beyond to get the job done.
A bit about you
• Proficient user of Delphi, Opera and Microsoft Office programmes
• Proven experience in the hospitality industry
• Experience in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
• Possess a gracious friendly and fun demeanour
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Display a consistently positive attitude, self-motivated and enthusiastic work manner
• Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
• Maintains a sense of organization and ability to prioritize in a busy environment
• Flexibility in working time, if required· Upon closing all critical business deals, coordinate and follow-up with other hotel departments to ensure delivery of superior guest service.
If the above sounds like you and you have proven experience in delivering an amazing guest experience, we would love to hear from you.
In addition to competitive salary, we offer a range of benefits that include:
- Meals on duty and uniform
- Season ticket loan
- Ride to work scheme
- £250 Friend referral bonus
- Guest Experience after passing probation and completion of our Engaging Dynamic Guest Experience training programme
- Length of Service incentives (extra holidays)
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you.
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Staff Parties (Summer party, Children’s Xmas Party, Department nights out) - with amazing raffles prizes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Quarterly & Annual Employee awards
- Learning & Development Opportunities
If the above sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom, documented evidence will be required at interview stage.
Thank you for applying!