The Hoxton, Rome | Largo Benedetto Marcello, 220, 00198 Roma, Italy
The Hoxton made its way to Italy!
In May 2021 we opened The Hoxton Rome and we’re now looking for an experienced Night Manager to play a crucial part in successfully consolidating our new Hospitality concept in the Italian market.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, you will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the hotel overnight and be responsible for the satisfaction of all guests' needs and ensure that the Night Audit functions are completed to fulfil the statistical reports required by the hotel.
The Hoxton, Rome is our 10th Hoxton and boasts 192 bedrooms of different sizes. Cugino is our large coffee bar and takeaway counter and Elio is our light-flooded restaurant. The Apartment is our unique meetings & events space concept, consisting of 5 rooms connecting to our communal kitchen area.
What you'll do...
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Front Office Manager dealing with complaints, problem-solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times, even when working to achieve solutions to challenges
- Deal with the arrival and departure processes for all guests
- Deal with the in-house guests accounting and ensure the accuracy of guest billing
- Operationally manage the hotel during the night to ensure guests are well cared for
- Ensure the accuracy of data in all systems and provide the necessary daily reports for all departments
- Manage the daily overbooking levels and liaise with all departments to ensure maximum occupancy
- Assist the Front Office Manager in setting selling strategies on a day-to-day basis
- Ensure all guests are quoted the correct rate as per the selling strategy and web site
- Ensure all telephone calls are answered as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Maintain observation over guests and guests’ property to ensure security alerts are kept to a minimum
- Use a wide range of coaching skills to ensure that the team is well motivated and informed of day-to-day activity
- Set stretching but realistic objectives for the team to ensure maximum occupancy and 100% guest satisfaction levels
- Monitors the performance of the team and gives regular feedback through meetings and appraisal methods
- Ensure the integrity of the public area and back of house areas are maintained at all times, with deficiencies corrected immediately
What we're looking for...
- Experience in a similar role with a demonstrable track record of excelling in Front Office operations and procedures
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills and competent computer skills
- Experience of Micros Fidelio Opera or a similar property management system
- Experience of monitoring and implementing Health & Safety procedures
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today
- You get us. You know our hotels, maybe you’ve hung out in our bars and possibly regretted that last cocktail the next morning
- Excellent understanding of the English language
- You are humble. There are no egos and no drama
- You care about the detail, possibly mildly OCD
- You are you. No clones in suits for us
- Your glass is half full, always
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Rome (and Italy) and have a real impact on its success
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels, but building a global brand
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development
Thank you for applying!