Banyan Tree - Dubai
Banyan Tree Group is one of the world’s leading independent, multi-branded hospitality groups centered on the purpose-driven mission of stewardship and wellbeing while offering exceptional, design-led experiences.
The Group’s diversified portfolio of hotels, resorts, spas, galleries, golf and residences features an ecosystem of 10 global brands, including the award-winning Banyan Tree, Angsana, Cassia, Dhawa and Laguna, and the highly anticipated new brands of Homm, Garrya, Folio, and two new Banyan Tree brand extensions - Escape and Veya.
Established in 2008, with the goal of advancing people development and management excellence, Banyan Tree Management Academy has nurtured over 10,000 associates across 23 countries. The Group is recognised for its commitment to environmental protection and community development through its Banyan Tree Global Foundation. Operating over 70 hotels in 17 countries, it has over 50 new properties in the pipeline.
Banyan Tree Dubai is a lively, island escape where stylish stays, incredible dining, warm hospitality, and recreation create lasting memories. Fronted by 500m of a pristine, private beach with uninterrupted views of the Arabian Gulf and backed by the iconic Ain Dubai. With the ambience of a sleek, relaxed, luxe island getaway, Banyan Tree Dubai boasts 3 chilled outdoor pools, fully-serviced beach, award-winning Banyan Tree Spa, a ﬁtness center and 7 dining options.
To achieve and exceed the sales targets outlined in the monthly and annual forecasts, directing all endeavors toward optimizing the hotel's revenues and profits across Rooms, Food & Beverage, and Other Operating Departments.
- Systematically and efficiently call on Key Accounts within location and report findings and opportunities to the Director of Sales.
- Pre-qualify and target Key Accounts within assigned territory and develop appropriate and effective sales solicitation strategies to increase hotel’s market share.
- Ensure a high level of exposure for the hotel through direct sales solicitation, telephone contact and written communication. 80% of own time to be dedicated to direct acquisition activities.
- Develop and maintain pro-active relationship with potential and current accounts through regular sales calls and in-house entertainment based on business priorities.
- Arrange and conduct site inspection for potential and key accounts.
- Actively pursue business leads received from all sources.
- Ensure all group proposals and group agreements are prepared following hotel standards.
- Review all pending group on weekly basis to ensure that all business on the book is “Live” and traced, tracked for confirmation.
- Coordinates with Sales Coordinator to ensure all in-house groups are handled smoothly.
- Ensure that all credit and collection procedures that have established by the hotel are implemented following the established Credit Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure that all sales contracts follow the established Hotel Policies & Procedures and are based on sound commercial judgment.
- Be demanding and critical when it comes to departmental standards.
- Identify market needs and trends through regular Market Surveys and Competitor Research (sales promotions and activities) and provide feedback to Director of Sales.
- Assist Director of Sales with planning, implementation and execution of sales & marketing promotional activities.
People & Culture
- Foster a positive and structured work environment which encourages the successful operation of the business, calling upon the necessary processes to deal with disciplinary, grievance and workforce change situations.
- Work alongside with the People & Culture leader to investigate, document and administer corrective action immediately and effectively to reach the mutual goals of the business and the Heartist.
- Hire new Heartists in conjunction with the People & Culture Leader through INES.
- Use the interview guides provided and Talent Meter to gain further information on any potential candidate.
Employee Engagement and Communications
- Strive to increase Heartist engagement by promoting a positive work environment where each Heartist is informed and proactive about the overall business goals. Ensure the consistent delivery of business and associate information with transparency so that each Heartist understands how they contribute to the company’s success. This will include working on the Employee Engagement Survey (EES) and People & Culture Audit. Ensure the EES Champions for the hotel/departmental action plans in order to increase Heartist engagement and improve EES scores year on year.
- Represent the organization as an exemplary ambassador the Accor All Inclusive - Heartist Service Culture
- Labour Turnover to be closely monitored and proactive actions taken with regards to trends and suggestions to People & Culture leader as well as Hotel Manager/General Manager.
Learning & Talent Development & Performance Management
- Ensure bi-annual Talent Review process is conducted and associated documentation maintained to the required standard.
- Facilitate the performance management cycle from probation reviews, annual performance reviews, development plans as well as on the job training.
- Ensure Departments have adequate Departmental trainers, and these are well utilised.
- For all supervisory positions have a transparent development programme in place in conjunction with the Talent & Culture leader as well as Learning & Development.
- Development of direct reports to give them ongoing feedback and development.
- The activities and contribution of the role will impact the performance of the hotel.
- They will act on behalf of the business to work through complex situations and reduce risk, interpreting and implementing company policies and employment legislation as appropriate.
- They will be required to exercise sound judgment and integrity at all times to ensure confidentiality of protected information.
- Be fiscally competent in budgeting, forecasting including the commentary that goes with the documents/meetings.
- Demonstrate full awareness of departmental budget/P&L and work towards achieving it by minimizing expenses and maximizing room revenue.
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Heartist service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
- Positive Orientation
- Operational Decision Making
- Self-Development & Management
- Developing an Empowered Team
- Leading an Engaged and Diverse Team
Leading the Business
- Advocating Guest Passion
- Business Planning and Analysis
- Business Improvement and Change
- Proven experience as a Sales Manager or in a similar sales role.
- Prior experience as a Manager in a large, fast paced organisation.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field is preferred.
- Fluency in verbal and written English is essential – an additional language e.g. Russian, Arabic and French would be an advantage.
- Must be a highly capable user of Microsoft office programmes including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Previous working experience in a truly global work environment is essential.