FT Hospitality Reservations Agent, Luxury Lifestyle Call Center
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, Ennismore offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our Team as a Reservations Agent at our Luxury and Lifestyle Call Center!
Under the guidance of the Call Center Manager, the Reservations Agent is responsible for answering all telephone inquiries with regard to the room, F&B, Nightlife, Spa, and information for the hotel. The agent is to answer all inquiries in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner and attempt to secure a guaranteed reservation whenever possible.
Duties & Functions:
- Answer all phone calls promptly and in a courteous manner.
- Be knowledgeable of current rates, marketing specials, resort operations, and other information necessary to answer guest inquiries.
- Know the layout of the hotels including all room types, suites, and meeting rooms.
- Have a complete working knowledge of the reservation functions in the Call Center.
- Be aware at all times of the selling status of the hotels.
- Have a complete knowledge of our special rates and packages and know which benefits are included in each.
- Secure all required information from the guest when making a reservation.
- Understand and follow the reservation policy pertaining to guarantees, cancellations, and no- shows and communicate them clearly to each guest.
- Follow up on any guest requests to ensure satisfaction in a friendly and professional manner.
- Process all advance deposits on future reservations and post each deposit to the guest’s reservation.
- Balance and run necessary reports daily.
- Handle daily correspondence; respond to inquiries and make reservations as needed, maintain correspondence files, and mail out brochures as requested.
- Be aware of and adhere to the rules and regulations of the Call Center.
- Participate in departmental meetings assisting in the development of daily operations and the overall Call Center and related areas.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with all departments within the hotels and know how they relate to the Call Center.
- Be knowledgeable of all Food and beverage venues, operations, events, specials, hours of operations, and any other relevant information to process reservations/bookings and answer all inquiries.
- Where applicable, be knowledgeable of the spa including basic service treatments, rates, and any other information necessary to answer guest inquiries.
- Where applicable, be knowledgeable of Nightlife venues, operations, events, hours of operations, and any other relevant information to process reservations/bookings and answer all inquiries.
- Assist with inputting weekend third-party reservations such as Internet and wholesale.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional service
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with team members using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions, and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for the team and other team members. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of the company are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table, and any departmental-specific systems used.
- Keep the work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing of confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with The company’s policies and procedures.
- Assimilate into The company’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all The company elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by The company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum one year experience in front desk operations, or other related guest-facing role, and/or one year experience in direct sales, service, or retail trade; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as Opera, GoConcierge, HotSOS, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point-of-sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and have a high level of attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb, and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.