Back Of House Supervisor
You will ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Back of House Department and maintain a professional approach at all the time. To ensure that high standards of service and customer care are upheld. The role is “second in charge” and you will run the day to day service, and will be supervised by the Back of House Manager.
- Responsible for the H&S in the kitchen porter areas
- Maintenance of all BOH facilities
- Responsible for R&B Laundry receiving
- Maintenance of the staff facilities
- Training BOH staff
- Health and Safety
- Good receiving
Managing The Team
- To maintain good working relationship with all employees and Managers
- To be flexible at all the time
- Organise then staffing of all BOH areas and rota
- Weekly updates with BOH Manager
- Procedures and Training BOH staff
- Keep staff morale high and keep them focused and interested with BOH
Managing The Operation
- Cleaning and maintenance of all BOH areas including fittings, fixtures and equipment (trolleys etc..)
- Responsible for the H&S in the kitchen porter and BOH areas
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and food safe working area
- Responsible for the safe opening and closing of the designated culinary area
- Ensure that all equipment is to the Hotel standard
- Making sure all the paperwork relating to all Health and Safety is up to date for BOH Manager
- Helping with/conducting internal Health and Safety audits
- Ordering of chemicals and BOH products
- Maintain company guidelines for refuse storage and removal, and liaising with the contractors
- Goods In receiving and distributing all deliveries, ensuring that all RnB products are received and stored correctly within the hotel.
- To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with the customers always in mind. To remember that customers can be both internal – employees and colleagues and external – suppliers and customers.
- To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues.
- To be decisive, accepting personal responsibility for making things happen, thinking ahead and developing contingency plans.
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements.
- To maintain high team focus by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department goals.
Thank you for applying!