Senior Sous Chef
Our fourth London Hoxton is located in the heart of Shepherd’s Bush, in the beating heart of an eclectic and diverse neighbourhood, With 237 playfully-designed bedrooms and an all-day restaurant - Chet’s serving Thai-American comfort food.
Featuring a large open lobby with vintage seating and cosy corners, 237 bedrooms of different sizes, as well as a central wraparound bar and terrace, The Hoxton Shepherd’s Bush is perfectly located for exploring West London. We’re looking for a Senior Sous Chef to bring our brand to life in our newest postcode.
What’s in it for you…
· Competitive salary + tronc
· 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
· A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
· It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
· Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
· Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
· Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
· Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
· Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
· Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
· Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
· Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
· Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
· Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
· An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
· Bring delicious menu options to our guests’ tables by overseeing the running of the different sections and running where necessary.
· Nurture and develop the talent of the kitchen team, creating an environment that brings out the best in them and where they can be themselves
· Make sure things are running without hitch, orders and deliveries are coming and going as needed, our service is smooth as chipotle butter, and our food hygiene standards are sky-high
· Work with our Head Chef on ideas and techniques that make our kitchen a creative, ever-changing environment where we’re always looking to make the best food out there
· In the absence of the Head Chef, you will act in their place to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen.
· Pay attention to the details to ensure every dish served is as delicious as the one before!
What we're looking for...
· Previous experience working as part of a kitchen team in a similar sized restaurant
· Passion for fresh ingredients and strong flavours
· Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
· You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
· You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done
· You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
· If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
· You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way