Finance Intern | The Hoxton, Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We're looking for a Finance Intern to join our team.
Once the Mayor’s home, now our home, on Amsterdam’s Herengracht canal. The Hoxton, Amsterdam houses 111 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and our all-day restaurant & bar, Lotti’s.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for supporting the cost control in relation to the hotel and restaurant.
What you'll do...
- Record daily financial transactions, receipts and keep petty cash.
- Maintain the books of account by verifying and accounting for orders and invoices, while ensuring that they are paid on time.
- Manage and recording of the management accounts.
- Manage documentation and financial statements.
- Taking on one project during your internship period (such as creating an SOP or new process for something you think can improve)
What we're looking for...
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today
- You are a bundle of ideas. They happen in the shower, on your bike, and in the office
- You are able to work in a fast-paced environment and cope with pressure
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
- You have Excel skills; intermediate to advanced level
- You’re not precious. You appreciate some ideas work and some don’t. But we do like to try (almost) everything once
- You know that sometimes that crazy whacky idea is the one that changes everything.
- You like detail, a lot of detail
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to embark on an exciting career trajectory in a fast-growing environment
- You’ll be able to be yourself and the best you can be in a relaxed, innovative environment
- You’ll work for an organization committed to not just building new hotels, but also a global brand
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding
- Goes without saying, but you get a free meal when on shift.
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!