Groups & Events Executive
The Hoxton, Brussels | Square Victoria Régina 1, 1210 Brussels, Belgium
The Hoxton & Working From_ is making its way to Brussels!
In May 2023, we opened our first hotel and co-working space in the city of Brussels!
The hotel boasts 198 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant and coffee shop, a rooftop restaurant and bar with views across the city and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept).
Working From_ brings our unique approach to co-working to Brussels. Our 3rd global location features double height windows, a mixture of memberships and office spaces, open kitchen pantries and transparent policies.
What you’ll do…
- Managing the meetings and events enquiry process from start to finish, answering calls and emails, sending proposals, converting enquiries and taking the event through the planning and logistical stage to handover to operations.
- Prospecting potential local accounts for new events business and conducting site visits.
- Negotiating meeting & events rates with clients, in line with the selling guidelines, to assist in achieving the hotel’s revenue targets.
- Following up with clients post event to get feedback and secure repeat business where possible.
- Cross selling all global Hoxton properties, where applicable, to maximise revenue opportunities across corporate segments.
- Ensuring Opera is up to date by inputting new enquiries into the system.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of function sheets on a weekly basis and present function sheets in the weekly operations meeting.
- Effectively co-ordinating activities related to booked Meeting & Event business with other departments, ensuring client’s expectations are met by maintaining team communication.
- Supporting the sales team in attending and assisting with in-house marketing activities, familiarisation trips, client hospitality evenings, presentations, show rounds and promotional activities as required.
What we’re looking for…
- 2+ years’ experience in an Events role in Brussels or Belgium, ideally with opening and some international experience.
- Experience in working with the Belgian market across all market segments.
- Fluency in English, any other languages are a bonus but not essential.
- You’re dynamic and great at growing and nurturing long lasting relationships.
- You’re a proactive and experienced individual with great enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- You’re able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-growth environment that relies in many ways on being flexible and moving fast.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What’s in it for you…
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development
- Reimbursement of transport costs
- 1 meal per day
- Eco-chèques (250€/year)
- Bonus Program