Group & Event Executive (Short Lead)
We are currently looking for a Group & Event Executive (Short Lead) to join the London Cluster of the Hoxton Sales Division within our growing Groups, Meeting & Events Team!
Working across our London portfolio, comprising of The Hoxton Shoreditch, Holborn, Southwark, and Shepherds Bush you will be responsible for responding to, converting, and planning short lead Group & Event bookings that fall within a 14 day window.
It’s a great opportunity to join a fast paced, multi property, re-active event sales team!
If you’re great with people, have experience in reactive sales or groups within an events environment and are looking to join our growth journey, this is just the ticket!
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, life insurance and eligibility to take part in company discretionary bonus scheme.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing.
- It’s ok not to be ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make, and thrive at work.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Be the first line of contact for Short Lead group and event enquiries via phone and email.
- Creating tailored proposals, chasing & negotiation of existing enquiries to win business at the right rate, using added values and carefully considering client needs.
- Prioritise developing client relationships & work to truly understand guest needs, while creating & taking opportunities to develop repeat business.
- Creating contracts, pro-forma invoices and deposit payments.
- Attend site inspections to support in converting the sale.
- Attend bi-weekly event meetings & present updates on bookings.
- Maintain sound understanding of revenue performance and budget figures, directing business to weaker need periods.
- Work individually and as part of a team to maximise conversion, employing strategies to hit targets at four Hoxton Hotels and identifying challenges & opportunities to drive revenues.
- Working with each client to plan tailored & memorable events, accurate BEO creation and detailed operational handovers, taking final deposits, tracking payments, and keeping an up-to-date database.
- Have a great understanding of our operation – and ensure that Hotel teams have tip-top handovers with all the details & communication they need to deliver memorable guest experiences.
- Develop great product knowledge and use this to win business while supporting the rest of the team in keeping up to date on all things Hoxton.
- Attend Operational meetings, planning meetings and menu tastings as required.
- Actualise event revenues post event and reaching out to clients to proactively collect post event feedback collection. As well as feeding back to Proactive GME Manager key leads/opportunities following successful events feedback.
- Highlighting VIPs to the Ops team and surprising & delighting our guests to encourage repeat events.
- Be an ambassador for the Hoxton Brand and keep the guest experience at the heart of everything you do.
- Actively contribute to a positive team culture as part of a fast paced, growing, multi-property department.
- Build strong relationships & communication with other Hoxton teams, championing positive collaboration across multiple areas of the Business.
- Keep your thinking cap on at all times, get creative when problem solving & don’t be afraid to challenge the norm – we want your fresh ideas!
What we're looking for...
- Experience working within reactive sales in groups or events within hotels or venues or private members clubs.
- Experience of using a hotel CRM system such as OPERA and/or Delphi would be an advantage.
- A people person, great at building strong and lasting relationships
- You enjoy working at a fast pace, know how to stay organised and get the details right.
- You’re looking for a challenge and a place where you can be you (no clones in suits here).
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help gets stuff done.
Thank you for applying!