FT Bartender, SLS LUX
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, SLS offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our Atitude Team as a Bartender located at SLS LUX, Miami. JOIN THE SLS FAMILY TODAY!
The Bartender is responsible for the complete set up of the bar area and the mixing of drinks for all guests and servers. Need to maintain the service and cleanliness of the bar area, ensuring quality service, guest satisfaction and control over liquor inventory.
Duties & Functions:
- Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems.
- Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles.
- Attend to tables in the dining area.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools.
- Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks.
- Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies.
- Restock bar with liquor and supplies.
- Transport supplies to bar set-up area.
- Wash soiled glassware.
- Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area. Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs.
- Process all payment methods.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
- Complete closing duties.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Leadership team.
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional guest service.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of SLS are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with SLS’s policies and procedures.
- Assimilate into SLS’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all SLS elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by SLS from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Additional language ability preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Previous 1-3 years bartending experience required in a hotel or lounge setting.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Ability to stand for the entire shift.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.