Kitchen Porter (Albie)
We're looking for a Kitchen Porter to be part of our team for The Hoxton, Southwark.
Our ground floor restaurant & bar is all day dining of Hox classics, light & fresh food with a strong vegan/vegetarian component. Spread across our open lobby, outside terrace and upstairs mezzanine, we’ll seat around 150 guests. Meanwhile, our rooftop restaurant & bar with an outdoor terrace (and spectacular 360 views!) will seat similar numbers and offer a "fine-dining in sneakers" experience all around a seafood developed especially for us.
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary up to £13 per hour including TRONC
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical &mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Responsible for the H&S in your section
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and food safe working area
- Maintain a clean uniform
- Maintain company guidelines for refuse storage and removal
- Attend all training sessions for the culinary team
- Responsible for the safe opening and closing of the designated culinary area
- General maintenance of all culinary areas, equipment, and F&F’s
- Ensure adherence to all relevant health, safety and hygiene standards
What we're looking for...
- Food handlers certified
- 1 years’ previous experience as a kitchen porter
- Knowledge kitchen equipment and recommended cleaning methods
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Great time management skills.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete food hygiene documents
Thank you for applying!