FT Katsuya Line Cook, SLS South Beach
SLS - Miami Beach
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, we offer both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our culinary team as a Line Cook at SLS South Beach, Miami. JOIN THE ENNISMORE FAMILY TODAY!
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are SLS. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Jr. Sous Chef, perform the daily execution of all assigned Line Cook production. This position is responsible for ensuring the highest quality food is served at all times. The Line Cook handles all aspects of their assigned cooking station – sets up, stock product, cook, and presents dishes according to Ennismore Group recipes, cleans, sanitizes and maintains equipment, utensils and tools. Have fun and make friends!!!
Duties & Functions:
- Must love and support their TEAM!
- Must love and take care of guests!
- Must say “yes” and “thank you” often!
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be excited about change and an evolving environment
- Ensures all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out basis
- Maintains a solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques
- Identifies and safely uses all kitchen equipment
- Regularly restock all kitchen supplies and food items required for service
- Properly labels and dates all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Applies basic knife skills required for service
- Reads, measures, and executes recipes
- Maintains a solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation
- Able to be versatile with hot and cold items
- Exhibits a solid knowledge, understanding and application of various cooking techniques
- Maintains a solid knowledge, understand and preparation of base sauces, stocks and soups
- Works as a team, assisting with all needs and inquiries
- Effectively communicates with management and Chefs
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Continuous use of hands and arms
- Works with a sense of urgency
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional guest service.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of Ennismore are met.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Ensure compliance with Ennismore’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into Ennismore’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all Ennismore elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ennismore from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Minimum of 2 year of food production or kitchen food production, preferably in an upscale restaurant
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have an exceptional personality and hospitality driven attitude
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.