Director of Finance
The Hoxton, Paris | 30-32 Rue du Sentier, 75002 Paris, France
The Hoxton, Paris is looking for its Director of Finance!
The Hoxton, Paris found a home in an 18th century building in the 2nd arrondissement, with 172 rooms, a restaurant, a wine bar, 2 terraces, a speakeasy bar, a lobby-café and event spaces.
Like the doors of our hotel, our minds are wide open. Designed by the UK's Ennismore Group, The Hoxton hotels are inspired by the diversity and uniqueness of their surroundings with lively, welcoming public spaces and monthly events that aim to bring local stakeholders together.
What you'll do…
- Ensure strong Financial Management within a robust control environment
- Have ultimate responsibility for accurate accounting records and provide financial reports for the Hotel. The Hotel is operated on a self-accounting basis and includes statutory accounts.
- Manage the Finance relationship with Operations and Finance at hotel and head office ensuring that an excellent service is provided through quality input
- Manage the relevant elements of our owner relationship
- Lead all elements related to balance sheets, P&L, cash management, capital, amongst others
- Provide focussed, innovative and value-adding Management Reporting and Analysis
- Deliver high quality management information and performance measurement that is accurate and relevant.
- Ensure reporting that incorporates benchmarking, identification and measurement of key performance indicators and use of balanced scorecard.
- Optimise and develop Systems to improve efficiency and information
- Ensure training takes place for users; challenge processes to eliminate non-value adding tasks
- Work with colleagues to ensure that errors are corrected at source and processes amended as required, eliminating rather than correcting errors.
- Lead the Planning and Forecasting process for the Hoxton, Paris and ensure that financial plans are consistent with the strategic objectives
- Pro-actively support the General Manager and lead the finance team in Hotel strategic planning, focussing on value opportunities.
- Manage the formulation, review and approval process for budgeting within the hotels and restaurants.
- Lead, develop and inspire a high-quality Finance Team
- Actively plan for succession to develop and replace individuals effectively.
- Develop effectiveness of the Finance function through continuous training and development of the team. Lead and motivate the team to high levels of performance.
What we're looking for...
- 5 plus years of hotel finance experience, ideally already in a Finance Manager/Financial Controller role.
- Strong knowledge and experience of French operating requirements from a financial perspective.
- Technical skill, with a strong understanding of compliance requirements, best practice hotel operations, finance function set up and standard systems.
- A balance between a methodical and process-driven approach and flexibility and creativity when it comes to meeting deadlines and finding solutions.
- A Qualified accountant would be an advantage.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you: no clones in suits for us.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.