Assistant Director of Finance
SLS Barcelona | Carrer de Vila, 08017 Barcelona, Spain
SLS Barcelona brings a new variety of oceanside glamor, indulgence and excellence to Barcelona’s vibrant 22@ neighborhood. Here the hallmarks of an SLS wonderland – playful ambiance, VIP treatment, and theatrical experiences - meet idyllic views to set a lavish stage for the extraordinary to unfold. The only 5-star hotel in the city to feature a terrace off every guestroom (471 in total), SLS Barcelona is all-encompassing in its delight, with two pools, a spa, fitness center and six bars and restaurants that create lively food and entertainment within this singular location. A 750sqm auditorium and a dozen versatile meeting spaces round out the offering to form the complete destination - inviting groups, events and travelers of all types to say, “farewell to the ordinary.”
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Director of Finance to join the pre-opening team at SLS Barcelona. Under the guidance of the Director of Finance, the Assistant Director of Finance directs the day-to-day operations of the accounting team, assuring that a highly productive and well trained team is always maintained. The Assistant Director of Finance assures the accuracy, consistency, and timeliness of the financial reporting and accounting functions while providing information and assistance to the Director of Finance..
What you'll do...
- Responsible for overseeing all accounting/finance duties and management reporting for multi-site Hotel, food and beverage venues including but not limited to: full cycle month end closes, financial statement preparation, complex account analysis, reconciliation, as well as budgeting and forecasting for Hotel, Restaurants and Bars, and Recreation
- Ensuring data integrity and accuracy as well as development and documentation of system controls, operational procedures and business process improvements
- Supporting the implementations and upgrades of all front of house systems
- Maintain balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis with full supporting
- Investor reporting, payroll entries, coordination of year end audits, consolidations, and will work on special projects as needed
- Supervise, manage and mentor their staff in all areas of accounting including but not limited to technical training, professional development and conducting and delivering performance reviews
- Ensure compliance of budgets and cost controls; and will also be responsible to train venue Managers in financial accounting as needed
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statuary and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses
- Ensuring hotel’s compliance to all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional guest service.
What we are looking for...
- University degree with emphasis in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics is required
- Experience in Hospitality, Restaurants and Nightlife Accounting preferred
- Three to five (3-5) years accounting experience including 3 or more years at supervisory/management level, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values
- An intermediate understanding of hotel system such as Opera if preferred and proficient knowledge of computer systems such as: Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is required
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in Spanish and English.
- You have a solid understanding of local legal compliance requirements.
- You make people feel good - your team, guests and colleagues alike. You make a positive impact.
- You’re a strong team leader, a natural at managing and inspiring others in a way that gets the best out of them.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You take ownership of important issues, solve problems, and make effective decisions.
- You learn quickly and adapt to SLS’s unique culture.
- You are humble and open to ideas. We leave our ego at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and exploring new locations at every opportunity.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- Excellent discounts across the entire Ennismore family of brands.
SLS is part of Ennismore, a creative hospitality company rooted in culture and community, with a global collection of entrepreneurial and founder-built brands with purpose at their heart. Ennismore is a joint- venture with Accor, formed in 2021.