Food & Beverage Manager
SO/ Maldives | Emboodhoo Lagoon Kaafu Atoll, 20012, Maldives
SO/ Maldives invites you to the front row
SO/ is a coveted collection of hotels rooted in the world of fashion, commanding attention with it’s avant garde design and approach to the world of luxury.
SO/ Maldives will open towards the end of 2023, and we are now looking for an experienced Food & Beverage Manager to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand.
SO/ Maldives brings together a statement collection of 80 beachfront and over-water villas imagined by renowned designers, alongside a vibrant array of dining and entertainment experiences. Nestled on its own exclusive island overlooking the azure Emboodhoo Lagoon, SO/ Maldives will be a new destination for sartorial travelers, just 15 minutes by speedboat from Malé’s Velana International Airport
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, you will take on the crucial role of leading the F&B operation.
What you’ll do…
- Lead pre-opening system builds, strategy, and property-level training.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets.
- Coordinate the development, interpretation, and implementation of hotel policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules, and regulations for the food and beverage team.
- Drive and be responsible for on-the-job training programs on a regular basis.
- Analyse daily reports to check irregularities.
- Conduct random checks to ensure that all standards are being consistently followed in the F&B Division.
- Coordinate the selection, purchasing, storage, inventorying, maintenance, and usage of all related food and beverage supplies and equipment.
- Ensure the implementation of HACCP policies and procedures are consistently followed throughout the F&B Division. Attend HACCP meeting.
- The ability to handle all guest complaints in the food and beverage area.
- Increase management effectiveness by coaching, communicating values, strategies, and objectives, assigning accountabilities, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, developing a climate for offering information and opinions, and providing educational opportunities.
- Work closely with the various departments in the planning, scheduling, and execution of events, always maintaining communication with other necessary departments regarding resort activities.
- Ensure that our current systems and processes meet group requirements and are adjusted appropriately to support the business.
- Ensure purchasing, receiving and all storage are efficiently handled.
What we’re looking for…
- At least 2 YEARS experience in a similar role in Maldives,
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to maintain the highest standards.
- Strong knowledge and experience in working with budget, P&L, forecasting, and inventory controls.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- Strong F&B knowledge, including wine and spirits.
- You’re grounded, we leave our egos at the door and approach everything with an open mind
What's in it for you...
- Someone who is excited about a new pace of life and the opportunity to embrace a remote island experience.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development
Thank you for applying!