FT Chef de Partie, SLS South Beach
SLS - Miami Beach
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, SLS offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our Culinary team as a Chef de Partie located at SLS South Beach, Miami. JOIN THE SLS FAMILY TODAY!
Under the general guidance of the Chef De Cuisine, responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the Culinary department food production, while maintaining profitable Food and Beverage operations and high-quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to maintain the Culinary department’s standards, systems, and operational procedures to ensure quality, consistency and integrity of the products according to The Bazaar’s specifications.
Duties & Functions
- Must love and support their TEAM!
- Must love and take care of guests!
- Must say “yes” and “thank you” often!
- Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related systems
- Role models company quality standards and service
- Assists Chef De Cuisine in supervising and motivating the Culinary team.
- Ensures that all equipment and facilities are in good working order and is properly maintained
- Responsible for ordering products to ensure all par levels are maintained.
- Upholds the kitchen’s systems in place and develops new operational systems as needed with the Chef De Cuisine’s approval.
- Train new hires and current team members on their duties for assigned stations.
- Assists Chef De Cuisine with the professional development of each team member.
- Responsible for printing all communication sheets, station check lists, and inventory sheets for the Culinary team.
- Responsible for checking out each Culinary team member at the end of their scheduled shift and following up on freezer and cooler organization.
- Keeps recipe book complete and updated.
- Enforces recipe adherence.
- Enforces sanitation and organization standards.
- Works with Chef De Cuisine to create accurate inventory pars to ensure product availability for production and to eliminate waste.
- Responsible for inventory taking for ordering purposes and for weekly inventory counts. Given to Chef De Cuisine for review.
- Have a Sanitation set up on a daily basis and monitored to correct levels 200 PPM
- Inspect Culinary station to insure all items were left correct (labels, Ice creams consolidated, all Items with fresh dates, Proper station set up, ETC)
- Produce a consistent product every time
- Have all products tasted before they go in the fridge or stations before service starts (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Pool Items)
- Lead the team using prep sheet, check out list and communication chart
- Follow up with lunch service, & correct station set up
- Communicate with all staff to ensure a successful shift
- Have daily reports for Chef to review of any challenges (take notes of things to improve)
- Ordering on a daily basis as a team, communicate with others for products needed, and use ordering sheet. Copy must be left for Chef De Cuisine so order can be reviewed and placed.
- Communicate to staff the importance of cleaning equipment and all side duties getting completed on a daily basis
- Cross train all staff and Follow up if they need guidance on plating points
- Follow up with organization of cooler and freezer
- Check all amenities orders on a daily basis and communicate with chef if there are any changes maintain daily log of amenity counts
- Create a tasting platter for chef for quality inspection on a daily basis
- Report any equipment challenges to chef
- Report any changes to recipes that need to be printed for updates
- Take a daily inventory of all production needed
- Take note of all temperatures in coolers & reach in freezer and post on log
- Provides clear direction and achievable goals for their entire team
- Fully supportive of and cognizant of all Corporate Programs
- Understands and enforces federal, state and local food sanitation regulations
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional guest service.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
- Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancement measures within your scope of responsibility.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of the company are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Ownership or Corporate Offices.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure that all staff follows and are in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into the company’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all the company elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum three (3+) years of experience in Culinary Department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to obtain all work cards
- Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor and energize a diverse team of culinary professionals
- Must have excellent organizational skills, ability to function under time constraints, expedite and meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast- paced, customer service driven environment
- Current experience in the hospitality industry in a kitchen
- Active in furthering of his/her own culinary development
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.