Event Sous Chef
The Hoxton, Brussels | Square Victoria Régina 1, 1210 Brussels, Belgium
The Hoxton & Working From_ is making its way to Brussels!
In May 2023, we opened our first hotel and co-working space in the city of Brussels and we’re looking for a Event Sous Chef.
Reporting to the Head Chef, you will shake things up with us as part of the Kitchen team at The Hoxton, Brussels.
The hotel boasts 198 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant and coffee shop, a rooftop restaurant and bar with views across the city and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept).
Working From_ brings our unique approach to co-working to Brussels. Our 3rd global location features double height windows, a mixture of memberships and office spaces, open kitchen pantries and transparent policies.
What you’ll do…
- Support the Head Chef in leading a large, dynamic kitchen team
- Think outside the box and drive standards, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the menu
- Oversee the Meetings & Events kitchen team, working efficiently to maintain the highest quality and standards in line with the company ethos
- Work with fresh produce in order to create high quality seasonal dishes / canapes / bowl food, to support the guests experience across our meeting & events and Working_From space.
- Become an asset to your team and the business
- Embrace the opportunity, get involved and add to our awesome company culture while having fun
What we are looking for…
- 2+ years’ experience as a Sous Chef in a busy, bustling environment with freshness and provenance of ingredients as a key priority
- Experience in M&E, contract catering or banqueting is ideal
- Proven track record managing, retaining and developing a team
- A true passion for creativity whilst maintaining the integrity of our brand standards through the dishes on the menu
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in chef whites here
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Belgium and have a real impact on its success.
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development
- Reimbursement of transport costs
- 1 meal per day
- Eco-chèques (250€/year)
Thank you for applying!