We are looking for a passionate Sous Chef to be part of our team at The Hoxton, Shoreditch in our restaurant Hoxton Grill.
The Hoxton, Shoreditch is where The Hoxton was born. Originally a car park, it now offers 210 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and Hoxton Grill. A classic Chicago grill, bar and lounge in the heart of Shoreditch, open from morning until late. Our roots are firmly in Chicago, but we’re inspired by flavours from across the Americas. The kitchen will be headed up by you to develop a menu in partnership with our classic cocktails, selections of wines and other beverages from our old-fashioned bar.
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive salary + participation in the TRONC scheme
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you’ll do…
- Support the Head Chef in leading a large, dynamic kitchen team
- Nurture and develop the talent of the kitchen team, creating an environment that brings out the best in them and where they can be themselves
- Make sure things are running without hitch, orders and deliveries are coming and going as needed, our service is smooth as chipotle butter, and our food hygiene standards are sky-high
- Work with our Head Chef on ideas and techniques that make our kitchen a creative, ever-changing environment where we’re always looking to make the best food out there
- Think outside the box and drive standards, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the menu
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You’ll lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions
What we’re looking for…
- 2+ years’ experience as a Sous Chef in a busy, bustling environment with freshness and provenance of ingredients as a key priority
- Proven track record managing large kitchen teams
- A true passion for creativity whilst maintaining the integrity of our brand standards through the dishes on the menu
- A natural at leading and managing others, you lead by example and create an environment where your team can be their best self
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way