Sous Chef Staff Cafeteria
Banyan Tree - Doha
"Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
"Why work for Banyan Tree Doha?
Be a part of the mosaic team, located in the heart of Mushaireb, Banyan Tree Doha offers an urban retreat that blends unparalleled luxury with modern comfort and architectural marvels. Our property offers a unique blend of Eastern and Western hospitality in an atmosphere of timeless elegance that goes beyond comfortable and stylish rooms, with unmatched sea and city views.
Administration: Requisitions food orders from the store room and daily market list.
Financial: Responsible for all food product-related costs.
1. Assist in planning menus for the staff cafeteria being innovative and creative with current market trends
2. Prepares cold and hot dishes, desserts and other foods.
3. Maintains proper food quality in accordance with standardized company procedures including spec sheets and recipes.
4. Requisitions all necessary food items from the store room.
5. Advance preparation for the next day and for the next shift.
6. Maintains clean and orderly work area.
7. Attends all kitchen meetings and training as requested.
8. Expected to carry out all reasonable requests by Management which the associate is capable of performing.
9. Understand the job descriptions of other working colleagues.
10. Supervise and assist in total food production.
11. Attends Executive Chef/Sous Chef meetings when required.
12. Regularly report all needed maintenance to the concerned member of the management
13. Is well groomed and takes care of personal hygiene
Personnel: Establish rapport among co-employees at all levels and training.
Other Duties: Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Occupational Health & Safety
All employees to safeguard their health and safety, and the health and safety of others, in the workplace.
Replacement and Temporary Mission: Be ready and responsible for any job, which may be assigned by the Management.
- 2-3 years cooking experience in a fast-paced, high-performing staff cafeteria or restaurant
- Culinary diploma/degree is an asset
- You’re well versed in professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Able to spend 100% of the time standing
- You’re looking to grow with us and soak in all the (optional) education opportunities we offer
What is in it for you?
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing?
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions to improve the environment and menus
- Ensure consistency in the preparation of all food items for the buffet menus according to property recipes and standards
- Communicate effectively with the rest of the team and thrive for Heartists’ feedback