Director of Restaurants
SLS Barcelona | Carrer de Vila, 08017 Barcelona, Spain
SLS Barcelona brings a new variety of oceanside glamor, indulgence and excellence to Barcelona’s vibrant 22@ neighborhood. Here the hallmarks of an SLS wonderland – playful ambiance, VIP treatment, and theatrical experiences - meet idyllic views to set a lavish stage for the extraordinary to unfold. The only 5-star hotel in the city to feature a terrace off every guestroom (471 in total), SLS Barcelona is all-encompassing in its delight, with two pools, a spa, fitness center and six bars and restaurants that create lively food and entertainment within this singular location. A 750sqm auditorium and a dozen versatile meeting spaces round out the offering to form the complete destination - inviting groups, events and travelers of all types to say, “farewell to the ordinary.”
We are looking for a Director of Restaurants to join the pre-opening team at SLS Barcelona. Under the guidance of the Director of Food & Beverage, the Director of Restaurants will be responsible for leading all restaurants throughout the property, ensuring high-quality food and service levels are delivered while maintaining each restaurant’s unique concept and offering.
What you'll do...
- Establish, monitor, and manage budgeted revenue and net operating income.
- With support from the Director of F&B, develop and implement strategies for each restaurant to achieve budgeted revenue and net operating income goals.
- Establish and champion SLS specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for all positions within the restaurants.
- Oversee all aspects of training, orientation, and development for each restaurant.
- Monitor quality of service and product. Identify and make service and product improvements and changes as needed.
- Ensure that labor and expense guidelines are adhered to maintain budgeted expenses.
- Supervise and provide leadership your managers and the team. Organize and conduct department meetings.
- Promote guest satisfaction throughout the operation. Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Assist with creating repeat guest recognition programs to build loyalty to the operation.
- Manage all phases of Loss Prevention within the restaurants.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Distinguish SLS restaurants as the industry leaders that continually improve to maintain our cutting edge.
- Monitor industry trends, take appropriate action to maintain competitive and profitable.
- Keep immediate supervisors fully informed of all problems or matters requiring attention.
- Collaborate with all hotel departments to improve restaurant operations and overall hotel performance.
- Liaise with Corporate F&B Carte Blanched team on brand standards, growing brand trends, and concept direction.
- Work seamlessly with brand partners and corporate partnerships.
- Promote inter-company business relations and shares best practices.
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations and all other Food and Beverage related life/safety and other legal compliance in accordance with federal and local laws.
What we're looking for...
- 5+ years of experience in a senior food & beverage role, preferably within a lifestyle brand
- Resort and international experience preferred.
- You’re a strong team leader, a natural at managing and inspiring others in a way that gets the best out of them.
- You combine analytical and methodical thinking with high attention to detail and a solution-focused approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in Spanish and English.
- You have a solid understanding of local legal compliance requirements.
- You make people feel good - your team, guests and colleagues alike. You make a positive impact.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You take ownership of important issues, solve problems, and make effective decisions.
- You learn quickly and adapt to SLS’s unique culture.
- You are humble and open to ideas. We leave our ego at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and exploring new locations at every opportunity.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- Excellent discounts across the entire Ennismore family of brands.
SLS is part of Ennismore, a creative hospitality company rooted in culture and community, with a global collection of entrepreneurial and founder-built brands with purpose at their heart. Ennismore is a joint- venture with Accor, formed in 2021.