Housekeeping Supervisor Intern
The Hoxton, Poblenou | Avinguda Diagonal, 205, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
The Hoxton Poblenou is looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor Intern!
In April 2022 we have opened our first Hoxton in El Poblenou in the city of Barcelona and we’re looking for an outgoing Housekeeping Supervisor Intern to help run the day-to-day Housekeeping operations for 5-6 months.
Reporting to our Head Housekeeper, you will be responsible to support the management of our day to day housekeeping operations.
This is our 11th Hoxton and the hotel boasts 240 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant and deli shop, a rooftop restaurant and pool, a huge basement events space and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept).
What you’ll do…
- Support the running of our hotel by ensuring our guests have a memorable experience in a spotless and well put together room.
- Lead and inspire the housekeeping team by example, creating an environment that lets them be themselves and bring their best selves to work, encouraging their development and progression.
- Take a hands-on approach to training and supporting your team in keeping to our high standards.
- Oversee and check the cleaning and servicing of all our bedrooms and public areas.
What we’re looking for…
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management or Tourism.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- An eagle-eye for detail, you can spot a slip in standards from a mile away.
- A natural people person who people like working with. You make those around feel good at their jobs and comfortable coming to you with questions. You're great at motivating others to keep to your own high standards of service
- Passion for getting the job done and done right.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door.
- If we get stuck in a lift with you – we’ll get along nicely and have a laugh along the way!
What's in it for you...
- Internship allowance of 300€ gross per month.
- The opportunity to be part of our Housekeeping function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Barcelona (and Spain).
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Sus datos serán tratados por The Hoxton, Poblenou (Middlebury Invest, S.L.) para posibilitar su participación en nuestro proceso de selección. Puede solicitar información adicional acerca del referido tratamiento o sobre el ejercicio de sus derechos, entre otros, de acceso, rectificación, supresión, oposición o portabilidad dirigiéndose a: The Hoxton, Poblenou, Avda. Diagonal, 205. 08018 Barcelona o a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for applying!