We are looking for an Apartment Host to be part of our team for The Hoxton, Holborn .
The Hoxton, Holborn is our home in The City, just a stone’s throw from the West End. The building, once home to the BT exchange, is part-listed and now houses 220 rooms thanks to a lovely new extension completed in 2020. Our ground floor space has had complete revamp also from a striking new Apartment, our meetings & events concept, to our brand new all-day restaurant & bar, Rondo.
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary up to £16 per hour including TRONC
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Provide a genuinely welcoming and memorable experience for our guests, from a Hox welcome, to handling any questions and helping out with requests
- Take reservations over the phone, handle cash and card payments and occasionally help out the team on the floor
- Anticipate needs and proactively provide solutions so that our guests’ expectations are not only met, but exceeded.
What we're looking for...
- Previous experience in a busy Front of House role; you genuinely care about making people feel welcome and looked after
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Thank you for applying!