Sous Chef – Breman Brasserie – The Hoxton, Lloyd Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We’re looking for a passionate Sous Chef to join our team at The Hoxton Lloyd, Amsterdam.
A city so good we had to double down! In 2023 we have opened our second Hoxton in Amsterdam, this time based in the Eastern Docklands where we are lovingly taking the reins of the historic former Lloyd Hotel. We are now looking for a Sous Chef to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand in this new neighbourhood.
This beautiful property features 136 bedrooms, including the introduction of some new rooms categories for the Hox, a large ground floor restaurant and huge outdoor terrace, a new bar and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our Head Chef you will be responsible to manage the day-to-day kitchen related activities for the restaurant. You inspire your team to create memorable experiences for guests of all our restaurants and bars. You hold yourself and others to a high level of professionalism and integrity, making key decisions based on what is best for the guest, the hotel, and the people who make it operate successfully day to day.
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension and life insurance
- Hox Hero and Nifty fifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Food on us during your shift
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact
- Regular team get togethers, from our High Fives to our (pretty special!) team parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Pay if forward, refer a friend and get a bonus on us
What you’ll do…
- Bring delicious flavours to our guests’ tables by managing our busy kitchen
- Create, execute, and produce top-notch food with a constant eye on the highest quality standards, presentation, and flavour, with an eye on industry trends and neighbourhood demands
- Ensure statutory compliance in all food and drink related areas
- You will keep well-organized storerooms and inventories that allow for a smooth running kitchen
- Nurture and develop the talent of the kitchen team, creating an environment that brings out the best in them and where they can be themselves
- Make sure things are running without hitch, orders and deliveries are coming and going as needed, our service is smooth and our food hygiene standards are sky-high
- Work with our Head Chef on ideas and techniques that make our kitchen a creative, ever-changing environment where we’re always looking to come up with new, delicious combinations of tastes
What we're looking for...
- Previous experience working as part of a fast-moving kitchen team
- Passion for food is a given; a love for our particular flavours a definite advantage
- You value learning and development and are looking to join a hard-working team, aiming to make the best food out there
- You’ll live and breathe food and drink, knowing what’s hot, what’s not and who’s who
- You make people feel good - your team, guests and colleagues alike
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together, we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
- Methodical and process-driven approach to tasks, but also able to work flexibly and calmly to meet deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of important issues, solve problems and make effective decisions
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively to achieve the highest standards of delivery at work
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.