Operations Management Intern
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin) – Operations Management Intern
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we have opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are looking for Brand Intern to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully bringing our brand to a new market.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant and bar, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our Director of Operations, you will be responsible for supporting the daily hotel operations.
What’s in it for you…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group.
- Internship allowance of 1.000 euros gross per month.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you’ll do…
- Assist with onboardings of all operational departments.
- Assist and be present whatever the mood calls for, from assisting the Front Office and Housekeeping departments to helping in the Engineering department or any rotations within the operational departments.
- You are a great link to improve communication with operations departments as support for the Heads of Department.
- Help the Director of Operations prepare and compile of periodic report backs from back of the house insights to guests reports.
- Work with all our teams to make sure we're always busy and help our management team with any requests.
What we’re looking for…
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management or Tourism.
- Must be fluent in English. German will by highly valuable as other additional languages.
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others; that person who makes you feel confident they can answer any question and who you'd want to stop and chat to.
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- If we get stuck in a lift with you – we’ll get along nicely and have a laugh along the way.
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!