FT PM Security Officer, SLS Brickell
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, SLS offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our Security Team as a Security Officer at SLS Brickell, Miami. JOIN THE SLS FAMILY TODAY!
A global tribe of individuals, partners, and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community through our proprietary brands - we are SLS. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Under the general guidance of the Director of Security, assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment for our guests and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel. The Security Agent will maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or inappropriate actions. The goal is to detect, deter, observe, and report.
Duties & Functions:
• Responsible for monitoring and patrolling assigned areas to provide a safe environment for guests and employees
• Patrols the outside and inside perimeter of the property, ensuring that reports are made to the Director of Security if there is a potential safety issue
• Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers
• Responsible for minimizing opportunities for loss or damage, anticipating potential problems, reacting to disturbances and prohibited conduct
• Responsible for responding to emergency situations as needed
• Will be responsible for preparing written reports
• Watch alarm systems or video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment
• Perform first aid or CPR
• Provide excellent customer service
• Adhere to all company service and operating standards
• Remain in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
• Responsible for responding to emergency situations as needed to provide necessary assistance to employees and guests
• Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
• Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control, and accident investigations
• Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
• We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional service.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
• Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions, and provide accurate information.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for the team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
• Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
• Health and Safety
• Food Hygiene
• Emergency Procedures
Assimilate into the company’s culture through understanding, supporting, and participating in all the company elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged, or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires the ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have the ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
• Proven experience as a security officer or guard
• Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
• Familiarity with report writing
• Excellent surveillance and observation skills
• Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and have a high level of attention to detail
• Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
• Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
• Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
• Must be observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
• Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb, and carry objects as necessary.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based on business volumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.