Front Office Manager
We are currently looking for an experienced Front Office Manager to join us at The Hoxton, Southwark.
The Hoxton, Southwark is our third addition to The Hoxton family in London, only a skip & a hop away from the South Bank. There is something for everyone: 192 rooms, a bustling ground-floor restaurant, bar and terrace, The Apartment (our unique meeting & events space, a stunning roof-top restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor seating PLUS our brand-new coworking space spread over six floors.
You will be responsible for the overall management of the Front of House team and provide a naturally friendly, helpful and responsive level of service for our guests. You will be required to work flexible shift patterns which will include days and nights, weekdays, and weekends to support the duty management team, as and when required.
What you'll do...
- You will ensure all our guests feel they are treated as individuals and will want to return.
- You will coach and mentor our talented team of individuals to reach their full potential, encouraging them to become well rounded employees.
- Ensure that all hotel Standard Operating procedures are trained and adhered to.
- Monitor the performance of the team and give regular feedback.
- Ensure a good relationship is maintained between Front Office, Housekeeping, Maintenance and R&B.
- To pro-actively identify opportunities to improve and enhance processes and procedures.
- To be fully aware, and competent in, all health and safety procedures and policies.
- To be a member of the hotel crisis and fire teams and to be fully conversant in all related procedures.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all Human Resources documentation including payroll, recruitment, disciplinary and grievance and appraisal documentation.
- Display awareness of departmental costs and ensure that all expenses are kept in line with budget guidelines.
- Achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of customer service to both external and internal customers, forging long-term relationships with suppliers and contractors.
- Assist the sales and marketing team with site inspections and be confident on the hotel facilities.
- Share any business leads and ideas with the General Manager and Director of Operations.
What we're looking for...
- You have experience in a similar role, or as an Assistant looking for further development with a demonstrable track record of excelling in Front Office operations and procedures.
- You have a high level of verbal and written communication skills and competent computer skills.
- You'll have an appropriate level of higher education.
- You have experience of Micros Fidelio Opera or a similar property management system.
- You have experience of monitoring and implementing Health & Safety procedures.
- Work in a safe manner at all times, ensuring personal safety and safety of others, ensuring all items raised which may cause harm to guests or other employees are addressed immediately.
- Ensure that both your own, and the team’s, appearance meets the Hotel standard at all times and that uniforms are maintained in good repair and that all team members achieve the high standard of personal hygiene.
- Motivate the team and help where required within the business as a whole.
- Ensure that all important information is passed to every department and colleagues to assure an efficient work and guest service.
- Assist fellow colleagues both within and outside your normal department where possible to ensure operational and customer service requirements are achieved at all times.
- Achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of customer service at all times.
What's in it for you...
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), pension and competitive salary
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
Thank you for applying!