Director of Rooms
SLS Barcelona | Carrer de Vila, 08017 Barcelona, Spain
SLS Barcelona brings a new variety of oceanside glamor, indulgence and excellence to Barcelona’s vibrant 22@ neighborhood. Here the hallmarks of an SLS wonderland – playful ambiance, VIP treatment, and theatrical experiences - meet idyllic views to set a lavish stage for the extraordinary to unfold. The only 5-star hotel in the city to feature a terrace off every guestroom (471 in total), SLS Barcelona is all-encompassing in its delight, with two pools, a spa, fitness center and six bars and restaurants that create lively food and entertainment within this singular location. A 750sqm auditorium and a dozen versatile meeting spaces round out the offering to form the complete destination - inviting groups, events and travelers of all types to say, “farewell to the ordinary.”
We are looking for an experienced Director of Rooms to join the pre-opening team at SLS Barcelona. Under the guidance of the Hotel Manager, the Director of Rooms is responsible for managing the Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping and Laundry departments in an effective and courteous manner. The Director of Rooms is responsible for providing all guests with quality service while maximizing room revenue and developing team members.
What you'll do...
- Coordinate the organization and administrative functions in all areas of the Rooms Division: Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping and Laundry.
- Daily management of Rooms Division - ensure clear communication with and amongst departments to provide complete guest and team member satisfaction.
- Continuously evaluate performance of each Rooms Division and taking corrective actions when necessary.
- Establish and champion SLS specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for the Rooms Division.
- Attend, lead, and participate in various hotel and departmental meetings.
- Conducts interviews for all corresponding departments.
- With Executive Committee, determine strategy, training and tools needed to ensure the sense of empowerment necessary for team members to provide exceptional guest service.
- Facilitate the training and development for Rooms Division team to the SLS and Ennismore standards and style.
- Monitor and review guest comments and feedback to identify areas for improvement.
- Respond directly to guests as necessary.
- In partnership with Hotel Manager, monitor daily availability and occupancy and communicate with Revenue to resolve any challenges.
- Participates in Fire Safety and Loss Prevention programs.
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for everyone on the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional service.
What we're looking for...
- Experience in Hospitality, Restaurants and Nightlife required.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of progressive experience in hotel industry, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel.
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values.
- A proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: Opera, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook, point of sale systems.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in Spanish and English.
- You have a solid understanding of local legal compliance requirements.
- You make people feel good - your team, guests and colleagues alike. You make a positive impact.
- You’re a strong team leader, a natural at managing and inspiring others in a way that gets the best out of them.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You take ownership of important issues, solve problems, and make effective decisions.
- You learn quickly and adapt to SLS’s unique culture.
- You are humble and open to ideas. We leave our ego at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and exploring new locations at every opportunity.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- Excellent discounts across the entire Ennismore family of brands.
SLS is part of Ennismore, a creative hospitality company rooted in culture and community, with a global collection of entrepreneurial and founder-built brands with purpose at their heart. Ennismore is a joint- venture with Accor, formed in 2021.