Nightlife Manager, SLS South Beach
SLS - Miami Beach
From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, SLS offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our Nightlife team as an Nightlife Manager located at SLS South Beach, Miami. JOIN THE SLS FAMILY TODAY!
A global tribe of individuals, partners, and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community through our proprietary brands - we are SLS. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences, and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery, and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences, and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail, and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
Under the guidance of the Assistant General Manager of Nightlife, performs all duties and is responsible for coordinating and supervising all aspects of the venue operations while maintaining a profitable operation and high-quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
Duties & Functions:
• Must love and support their TEAM!
• Must love and take care of guests!
• Must say “Yes” and “Thank you” often!
• Assists with recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling and retention
• Evaluate and develop processes to maintain and improve performance and productivity
• Assists in maintaining standards of health, safety, and sanitation
• Directly responsible for the coaching and development of venue staff
• Administers progressive discipline and attendance points according to company policy
• Defines Employee Standards of Conduct and ensures employee compliance
• Manage day-to-day operations, including floor management, staff management, and the guest experience
• Understands P&L analysis, and develops processes to maintain and improve performance
• Assists with the creation and maintenance of procedural protocol for venue operations
• Ensure that all department equipment is in proper working condition and that department areas and storerooms are clean
• Perform departmental administrative duties
• Collaborate on the needs of departmental staff scheduling
• Assist in recruitment, hiring, training, orientation, and communication with department personnel.
• Schedule and supervise staff to ensure prompt, friendly, and attentive service
• Ensure compliance with brand standards, operating procedures, and policies
• Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
• Facilitates the training and development of all employees to the company standards
• Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
• We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional service
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
• Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions, and provide accurate information.
• Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for the team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
• Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
• Health and Safety
• Food Hygiene
• Emergency Procedures
• Liquor Licensing
In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
• Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of the company are met.
• Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table, and any departmental-specific systems used.
• Keep the work area clean and organized.
• Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
• When disposing of confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
• Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
• Ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
• Assimilate into the company’s culture through understanding, supporting, and participating in all the company elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Three (3) years of Hotel and/or Food and Beverage, Nightlife operational experience preferably in a luxury property.
• Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values
• An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as Opera, GoConcierge, HotSOS, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
• Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point-of-sale systems
• Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
• Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and have a high level of attention to detail
• Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
• Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
• Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
• Must be observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
• Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb, and carry objects as necessary.
• Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based on business volumes.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.