West London, The Hoxton has arrived!
Our fourth London Hoxton is located in the heart of Shepherd’s Bush, in the beating heart of an eclectic and diverse neighbourhood, With 237 playfully-designed bedrooms and an all-day restaurant - Chet’s serving Thai-American comfort food. Featuring a large open lobby with vintage seating and cosy corners, 237 bedrooms of different sizes, as well as a central wraparound bar and terrace, The Hoxton Shepherd’s Bush is perfectly located for exploring West London. We’re looking for a Receptionist to bring our brand to life in our newest postcode.
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), pension, eligibility to take part in the company discretionary bonus scheme and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing.
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift.
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact
What you’ll do…
- Maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times, even when working to achieve solutions to challenges.
- Deal with the arrival and departure processes for all guests, ensuring all standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- Deal with in-house guests’ requests, recording all feedback as per our standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of guest billing, financial transactions and the Reception float.
- Ensure the accuracy of data in all systems and provides the necessary daily reports for all departments as per our standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the night reception tasks are completed correctly and accurately in line with our standard operating procedures.
- Ensures all guests are quoted the correct rate as per the selling strategy and website.
- Ensure all telephone calls are answered as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Maintain observation over guests and guest’s property to ensure security alerts are kept to a minimum.
- Report any maintenance issues to the correct department and check to ensure the work has been completed.
- Ensure the integrity of the public area and back of house areas are maintained at all times, with deficiencies corrected immediately.
- Collaborate with all other teams in the hotel, and all outsourced business partners to ensure the utmost satisfaction for our guests.
- Ensure the Reception desk is clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
- You will be a member of the hotels’ crisis and fire teams.
What we’re looking for…
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others; that person who makes you feel confident they can answer any question and who you'd want to stop and chat to
- Previous hotel (or similar) experience is great, but it's not a must-have for us - if you're eager to learn we can teach you what you need to know
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done
- You have experience of Micros Fidelio Opera.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
Thank you for applying!