Cluster Director of Finance
The Hoxton, Rome | Largo Benedetto Marcello, 220, 00198 Roma, Italy
We are looking for an experienced Cluster Director of Finance to join our team join and to be responsible for the finance function over two of our Italy properties: The Hoxton Rome, and our new opening coming soon, The Hoxton Florence.
The Hoxton in Florence will feature 145 beautiful bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and courtyard. There is also a basement meeting and events space. The Hoxton Rome is a 192 room hotel, with a large coffee bar and takeaway counter, a beautiful restaurant, and The Apartment, our unique meetings & events concept.
This role will work closely with the General Managers of both hotels, with a dotted reporting line to the VP of Finance, you will be responsible to ensure that we meet compliance and regulatory standards, monitor and manage accounts, be responsible for the financial reporting for both hotels, as well as lead, mentor and develop the teams, creating an environment where they can be themselves and can feel the value they’re adding.
What you'll do
- Ensure strong Financial Management within a robust control environment
- Have ultimate responsibility for accurate accounting records and provide financial reports for both Hotels, which are operated on a self-accounting basis and include statutory accounts.
- Manage the Finance relationship with Operations and Finance at hotels and head office ensuring that an excellent service is provided through quality input
- Manage the relevant elements of our owner relationship
- Lead all elements related to balance sheets, P&L, cash management, capital, amongst others
- Provide focussed, innovative and value-adding Management Reporting and Analysis
- Deliver high quality management information and performance measurement that is accurate and relevant.
- Ensure reporting that incorporates benchmarking, identification and measurement of key performance indicators and use of balanced scorecard.
- Optimise and develop Systems to improve efficiency and information
- Ensure training takes place for users; challenge processes to eliminate non-value adding tasks
- Work with colleagues to ensure that errors are corrected at source and processes amended as required, eliminating rather than correcting errors.
- Lead the Planning and Forecasting process for the Hoxton, Florence and Rome and ensure that financial plans are consistent with the strategic objectives
- Pro-actively support the General Managers and lead the finance team in both Hotels' strategic planning, focussing on value opportunities.
- Manage the formulation, review and approval process for budgeting within the hotel.
- Lead, develop and inspire a high-quality Finance Team
- Actively plan for succession to develop and replace individuals effectively.
- Develop effectiveness of the Finance function through continuous training and development of the team. Lead and motivate the team to high levels of performance.
What we're looking for...
- 7+ years of hotel finance experience with at least two years of Dual site/Cluster experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of operating requirements from a financial and legal perspective.
- Technical skill, with a strong understanding of compliance requirements, best practice hotel operations, finance function set up and standard systems.
- A balance between a methodical and process-driven approach and flexibility and creativity when it comes to meeting deadlines and finding solutions.
- A Qualified accountant would be an advantage.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you: no clones in suits for us.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What's in it for you...
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.