Restaurant General Manager
We are looking for a Restaurant General Manager at The Hoxton, Holborn in our Rondo restaurant.
The Hoxton, Holborn is our home in The City, just a stone’s throw from the West End. The building, once home to the BT exchange, is part-listed and now houses 220 rooms thanks to a lovely new extension completed in 2020. Our ground floor space has had complete revamp also from a striking new Apartment, our meetings & events concept, to our brand new all-day restaurant & bar, Rondo.
Open from breakfast through to dinner, Rondo is a relaxed neighbourhood restaurant offering seasonal modern bistro dishes and great wines for all. The kitchen is headed up by Chris Gillard (ex- St John) and the wine programme and impressive wine wall has been procured by Will Lander of Quality Chop House. Rondo is the kind of restaurant you want at the end of your street; serious about food and drink but with a fun, welcoming vibe.
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary, and eligibility to take part in company discretionary bonus scheme
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- Lead a dynamic small front of house restaurant team in our exciting pop up restaurant as part of Rondo, at The Hoxton, Holborn
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You’ll lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions
- Drive revenue through well planned and create initiatives and incentives, alongside a strong understanding of the guest booking and profiling system
- Have a firm grip on the P&L and take ownership over the costs of the restaurant business, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst keeping the quality high and the experience top notch
- Working closely with the Head Chef so that front of house and back of house are working smoothly, hand-in-hand
What we're looking for...
- A track record of leading large teams in restaurants, kitchens and bars; you’re a natural at inspiring trust and bringing others along on a journey
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar restaurant management role in a busy, bustling environment
- Previous involvement in budgeting and forecasting, a strong understanding of the financial expectations of a successful restaurant and bar business
- An ability to manage the budget on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You will be expected to report results with a granular understanding of the ongoing trends of the business to the Head of Restaurants and Bars for Southwark
- Exceptional attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, juggling many things at once, but always dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
Thank you for applying!