Finance Assistant | The Hoxton, Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We're looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team.
Once the Mayor’s home, now our home, on Amsterdam’s Herengracht canal. The Hoxton, Amsterdam houses 111 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and our all-day restaurant & bar, Lotti’s.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the management accounts in relation to the hotels and restaurants.
What you'll do...
- Process the Daily Hotel Banking and deposit it into our bank account
- Carry out a complete daily Income Audit on the Hotel’s daily Revenue
- Resolve and correct any variances in the above within a timely manner
- Review front office guest ledgers and Sales ledgers, inc. monitoring the PMS paymaster list
- Process all suppliers invoices, after posting, having them authorised by the various Heads of Department (HOD’s) as per our purchase order policy
- Propose an internal payment advise to the Finance Manager
- Respond to any guest/supplier queries on a timely basis
- Ensure Finance Manager / Hotel Operations is made aware of any continued variances, or training needs relating to other departments
- Credit Control duties
- Assisting in the month end process
- Assist the department with any additional duties that may be required other than the above and any ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Finance Manager
- Pursue and enhance the goodwill between our Company and its customers
- Assist and support the implementation and future development of accounting systems, policies and procedures
- Deputise for the Finance Manager in their absence
What we're looking for...
- Some previous experience (1- 2 years) in Income Audit or Accounts Payable
- Understanding of the basic accounting functions
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and cope with pressure
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse P&L statements, apply timeliness and accuracy in recording and reporting
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in Dutch and English
- Analytical approach with good eye for detail
- Strong strategic planning
- Strong Excel skills; intermediate to advanced level
- Someone with a hands-on, outgoing, pro-active approach; taking personal responsibility and initiative to prevent or resolve problems
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today
- You are a bundle of ideas. They happen in the shower, on your bike, and in the office
- You can make the ideas a reality in the business, delivering on time and on budget
- You’re not precious. You appreciate some ideas work and some don’t. But we do like to try (almost) everything once
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
- You know that sometimes that crazy whacky idea is the one that changes everything
- You like detail, a lot of detail
What's in it for you...
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- The opportunity to embark on an exciting career trajectory in a fast-growing environment
- You’ll be able to be yourself and the best you can be in a relaxed, innovative environment
- You’ll work for an organization committed to not just building new hotels, but also a global brand
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding
- Goes without saying, but you get a free meal when on shift
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!