The Hoxton, Rome | Largo Benedetto Marcello, 220, 00198 Roma, Italy
The Hoxton is making its way to Italy!
In May 2021 we opened The Hoxton, Rome, and we’re now looking for a Groups, Meetings & Events intern to play a crucial part in continuing the success of the groups & events department.
Reporting to the Groups, Meetings & Events Manager and to the Director of Sales you will be responsible for supporting the current GME team with their reactive management and conversion of enquiries to drive groups, meetings and events revenue.
The Hoxton, Rome is our 10th Hoxton and boasts 192 bedrooms of different sizes. Cugino is our large coffee bar and takeaway counter and Elio is our light-flooded restaurant. The Apartment is our unique meetings & events space concept, consisting of 5 rooms connecting to our communal kitchen area.
What you’ll do…
· Assisting the current GME team with managing groups, meetings and events planning process from start to finish, answering calls and emails, assisting with sending proposals.
· Assisting with organization of private events & celebrations, from helping with sending the proposal, to conducting site visits right through to sending the final invoice.
· Negotiating meeting & events rates with private clients, in line with the selling guidelines, to assist in achieving the hotel’s revenue targets.
· Assisting the team with following up with clients and new enquiries
· Using Delphi/Opera, making sure they are up to date by inputting new enquiries into the system and updating the system with all event/group information, inserting rooming lists & checking final bills and commission claims.
· Assisting with preparation and distribution of function sheets on a weekly basis and on occasion present function sheets in the weekly BEO meeting.
· Effectively co-ordinating activities related to booked Meeting & Event business with other departments, to help support the rest of the team
· Supporting the sales team in attending and assisting with familiarisation trips, presentations, show rounds and promotional activities as required.
· Checking and updating events collaterals on our website and managing marketing, flyers and brochures
What we’re looking for…
· Some experience in an Events role in Rome or Italy, ideally with some international experience.
· Fluency in English, any other languages are a bonus but not essential.
· You’re dynamic and great at growing and nurturing long lasting relationships.
· You’re a proactive individual with great enthusiasm and self-motivation.
· You’re able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-growth environment that relies in many ways on being flexible and moving fast.
· You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
· You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
What’s in it for you…
· The opportunity to continue to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Rome (and Italy) and have a real impact on its success.
· Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels, but building a global brand.
· The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
· Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
· Plenty of opportunity for development.
Thank you for applying!