Restaurant Manager – SO/ Sotogrande
SO/ Sotogrande | Av. Almenara, s/n, 11360 Sotogrande, Cádiz, Spain
SO/ Sotogrande is a tribute to fashion, design, gastronomy and golf on the Andalusian coast. Surrounded by green hills and valleys overlooking the Mediterranean, SO/ Sotogrande Spa & Golf Resort is located in a unique enclave. The resort has recovered the welcoming spirit and essence of the old Cortijo de Santa María de la Higuera, making it an idyllic place where families and friends celebrate life, enjoy serenity and a healthy, contemporary lifestyle together.
It is the preferred destination on the Costa del Sol for golf lovers, enjoying a privileged location surrounded by the 7 best golf courses in Europe. It has 152 rooms and 36 suites and exceptional facilities among which you can enjoy: 3 outdoor swimming pools, private gardens, Kid's Club, 2,800 m2 of spa and fitness and luminous event rooms with views. Its gastronomic offer consists of 4 Restaurants & Bars, where you can enjoy the traditional flavors of Andalusia, proposals with a renewed vision and signature cocktails.
What you will do as part of our team:
- Ensure that all aspects of the point of sale are managed efficiently in accordance with the established concept.
- Monitor service and food and beverage levels in the establishment.
- Work with the in-store Head Chef to take corrective action when necessary.
- Conduct frequent and thorough inspections in conjunction with the Head Chef.
- Check frequently to ensure that only fresh produce is used in the preparation of food and beverages.
- Regularly test food and beverages and kitchens and be discerning and critical of the quality of food and beverages.
- Assist the Executive Chef with suggestions and creative ideas.
- Be at service openings, service development and service closing to ensure compliance with department service standards.
- Perform checkout closing of the different outlets assigned according to the procedures established in SO/ Sotogrande.
- Responsible for ordering the necessary merchandise to the warehouse, for the proper development of the service, as well as its assurance, control and care of them.
- Make the necessary order as required for each service: table linen, linen accessories (chair covers, bows, curtains, skirts, uniforms for staff), decorative, technical and replacement material.
- Establish a good relationship with customers and address all customer complaints, requests and inquiries about food, beverages and service.
- Personally and frequently check that the establishment's customers receive the best possible service.
- Be present at the point of sale (including peak periods) and ensure that all employees manage the point of sale well.
- Promote sales by informing and advising customers well.
- Meet with customers informally during meals or on departure to get their feedback on food and beverage quality, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Attends to the needs of customers at all times, taking care of their comfort and proper treatment.
- Support the Director of F&B in the development of an annual marketing plan for the revenue center, which will form the basis of the Food & Beverage Annual Marketing Plan.
- Follow and analyze the activities and trends of competing restaurants and bars.
- Ensure that the service and kitchen management is fully aware of market needs and trends and that the products offered meet these requirements.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a detailed Operations Manual reflecting policies and procedures, work processes and performance standards within the Division. Ensures annual review to accurately reflect any changes.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual Food & Beverage Business Plan, ensuring that the Division's objectives fully address the hotel's business objectives and employee needs.
- Assists in the preparation and periodic updating of the Food & Beverage Department budget, working closely with the Director or Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, ensuring that objectives are met and costs are effectively controlled.
- Recruit, select and develop F&B employees to work according to operational, financial and administrative philosophies, willing to be multi-skilled and multi-tasking.
- Through direct management, closely supervise all employees in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable law.
- Appropriately delegate tasks and responsibilities to equipped and resourced employees, training and developing them while ensuring that operating and safety standards are maintained.
- Instill the company's training philosophy and work closely with the training manager to develop departmental trainers, ensuring that all assistant managers and team leaders play an active role in employee training and development.
- Develop and assist in training activities focused on skills and knowledge enhancement.
- Ensure that employees are fully aware of the rules and regulations, and that their behavior conforms to them.
- Monitor employee morale and provide feedback and performance development mechanisms.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals by providing honest and appropriate feedback.
- Make the necessary staff planning and staffing arrangements as appropriate for each service.
- Control the appearance and image of the personnel in charge, (correct uniformity and hygiene) as well as appropriate behavior.Identifica las necesidades de desarrollo de los demás y los entrena, orienta o ayuda de cualquier otro modo a mejorar sus conocimientos o habilidades.
- Studies in hotel management school would be an asset.
- Polite and respectful of internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Organized and disciplined.
- Team player.
- Pressure tolerant.
- High degree of personal integrity.
- Fluency in Spanish and English. Knowledge of other foreign languages will be evaluated.
- Demonstrable experience in the sector, experience in the luxury sector will be an asset.
- At least 1 year of experience in the position or 2 years of experience as Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Leadership skills
- Attractive Incentive Scheme
- Significant discounts on Hotel services
- Discounts at Accor Group hotels and partner companies