Head Chef | The Hoxton, Lloyd Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We’re looking for an ambitious Head Chef with energy, passion and personality to join our team at The Hoxton.
A city so good we had to double down! In 2023 we will be opening our second Hoxton in Amsterdam, this time based in the Eastern Docklands where we are lovingly taking the reins of the historic former Lloyd Hotel. We are now looking for a Head Chef to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand in this new neighbourhood.
This beautiful property will feature 136 bedrooms, including the introduction of some new rooms categories for the Hox, a large ground floor restaurant and huge outdoor terrace, a new bar and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, you will be responsible for the full Kitchen operations.
What you'll do...
- Bring delicious flavours to our guests’ tables by managing our busy kitchen
- Create, execute, and produce top-notch food with a constant eye on the highest quality standards, presentation, and flavour, with an eye on industry trends and neighbourhood demands
- Ensure statutory compliance in all food and drink related areas
- You will keep well-organized storerooms and inventories that allow for a smooth running kitchen
- Nurture and develop the talent of the kitchen team, creating an environment that brings out the best in them and where they can be themselves
- Make sure things are running without hitch, orders and deliveries are coming and going as needed, our service is smooth and our food hygiene standards are sky-high
- Work with the team on ideas and techniques that make our kitchen a creative, ever-changing environment where we’re always looking to come up with new, delicious combinations of tastes
- Have a great relationship with all suppliers and a clear overview of the overall cost control
What we're looking for...
- Someone with appropriate senior leadership/head chef experience in a similar and/or transferable venture
- You own your P&L; assume complete recipe and GP responsibility; supplier management and overall cost control
- Passion for food is a given; a love for our particular flavours a definite advantage
- You value learning and development and are looking to join a hard-working team, aiming to make the best food out there
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’ll live and breathe food and drink, knowing what’s hot, what’s not and who’s who
- You make people feel good - your team, guests and colleagues alike
- Methodical and process-driven approach to tasks, but also able to work flexibly and calmly to meet deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of important issues, solve problems and make effective decisions
- Ability to work positively and collaboratively to achieve the highest standards of delivery at work
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
What's in it for you...
- Competitive salary and participation in management bonus scheme, 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension & travel allowance when living +10km away from the hotel.
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!