Director of F&B
We are looking for an experienced Director of F&B to oversee our restaurants & bars, Albie & Seabird at The Hoxton, Southwark.
Our third hotel in London, Hox Southwark consists of Albie, a bustling & relaxed ground floor bar and restaurant as well as Seabird, which offers a "fine-dining in sneakers" experience – think fine wines and unique & elevated cocktail specials to be enjoyed along the stunning views of the city.
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive salary and bonus eligibility
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, and life insurance.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you’ll do…
- Lead a dynamic team, overseeing multiple food and beverage outlets, including a diverse events space.
- Drive revenue through strategic management of commercial initiatives with the leadership team. Your creativity will inspire the team to deliver beyond set expectations.
- Have a firm grip on the P&L and take ownership over the costs of the business, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst keeping the quality high and the experience top notch.
- Work closely with the Head Chefs on menu development and to ensure food quality and consistency is always where it should be.
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You will lead from the front and your presence in the business will be felt by the team and guests alike.
What we’re looking for…
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar food and beverage management/director role, either across multiple sites or a single £5m+ revenue per year business.
- Multi departmental budgeting and forecasting experience; a clear understanding of the financial expectations of a successful restaurant and bar business.
- An ability to manage the budget on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You’ll be expected to report results with a granular understanding of the ongoing trends of the business.
- A natural at leading and managing others, you lead by example and create an environment where your team can be their best self.
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Thank you for applying!