Hotel Manager – Saudi National only
Rixos - Jeddah
Billed as ‘the first luxurious integrated resort in Jeddah’, Rixos Obhur Jeddah will meet the increasing demand for luxurious hospitality paired with high-quality leisure activities in the area. Among its many highlights will be a fun water park and an exclusive private beach.
The resort will host guests in 247 residential units, including 174 rooms and 73 villas with a Club Prive lounge, as well as a fine-dining restaurant, two specialty beach restaurants and a lounge bar.
Other amenities are to include a central ballroom for events, meeting rooms, a fitness centre, a spa, kids and teens clubs, and several swimming pools. All of this will be set amid green landscaping, golden beaches and a port.
Reporting to the General Manager, the role holder will contribute to the performance of their departments by facilitating the hiring and retention of exceptional talent as well as driving Heartist engagement, learning and development, performance and talent within their departments by strategically leading through their Department Heads. They will have a desire to be the best at what they do and achieve operational excellence in their departments through all the metrics that are measured.
- Hotel Manager leads and supervises all relevant activities in operations departments and manage overall operations in absence of General Manager.
- Responsible for the commercial results of operational departments.
- Keeps close contact with the General Manager and co-ordinates relevant activities to improve commercial and other results.
- Ensures that the hotel consistently disposes of adequate, motivated and skilled personnel at all levels.
- In performing these duties he/she shall at all times maintain good relations with his/her supervisor, the Department Heads as well as the local authorities and other key persons On-going self-driven education on hotel, hotel industry, local market, and technology
- Handle all guest interactions professionally and appropriately
- Effectively communicate with other hotel departments, regional, and corporate teams
- Manage the operations of the hotel in order to maximize profitability and to ensure superior guest service and product quality
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the operational department’s annual and long-term goals
- Ensure that all operations departments are maximizing revenue and profit potentials while minimizing costs
- Manage operational expenses to stay within budget guidelines, as well as gather and report financial information to the General Manager
- Manages performance issues that arise within the operational departments, as well as train, develop, coach and counsel, conduct performance evaluations and resolve problems of departmental team members and managers
- Ensures optimal compliance with corporate focus audit
- Is an integral part of the business team, attends all scheduled meetings and contributes actively with proper preparation
- Conducts a daily briefing with management on current key activities
- Evaluates changes in guest needs, the guest mix and competitive set, to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes as necessary
- Ensures guest and employee satisfaction, while maintaining market competitiveness and exceptional financial performance
- Anticipate and address guest issues and establish proactive processes to promote guest satisfaction
- Interacts in a positive way with all team members to ensure a luxury guest experience
- Ensures compliance with local health and safety regulations
Talent & Culture
- Foster a positive and structured work environment which encourages the successful operation of the business, calling upon the necessary processes to deal with disciplinary, grievance and workforce change situations.
- Work alongside with the Talent & Culture leader to investigate, document and administer corrective action immediately and effectively to reach the mutual goals of the business and the Heartist.
- Supervise the hiring new Heartists in conjunction with the Department Heads and Talent & Culture Leader through INES
- Ensure that the team uses the interview guides provided and Talent Meter to gain further information on any potential candidate
Employee Engagement and Communications
- Strive to increase Heartist engagement by promoting a positive work environment where each Heartist is informed and proactive about the overall business goals. Ensure the consistent delivery of business and associate information with transparency so that each Heartist understands how they contribute to the company’s success. This will include working on the Employee Engagement Survey (EES) and Talent & Culture Audit. Ensure the EES Champions for the hotel/departmental action plans in order to increase Heartist engagement and improve EES scores year on year.
- Represent the organization as an exemplary ambassador the All Inclusive - Heartist Service Culture
- Labour Turnover to be closely monitored and to ensure that the Department Heads proactive actions taken with regards to trends and suggestions to Talent & Culture leader as well as General Manager.
Learning & Talent Development & Performance Management
- Ensure bi-annual Talent Review process in conjunction with the Department Heads are conducted and associated documentation maintained to the required standard.
- Facilitate the performance management cycle from probation reviews, annual performance reviews, development plans and goal setting as well as on the job training for Department Heads and in turn their teams
- Ensure Departments have adequate Departmental trainers, and these are well utilized
- For all supervisory positions have a transparent development program in place in conjunction with the Talent & Culture leader as well as Learning & Development.
- Development of direct reports to give them ongoing feedback and development.
- The activities and contribution of the role will impact the performance of the hotel.
- Act on behalf of the business to work through complex situations and reduce risk, interpreting and implementing company policies and employment legislation as appropriate.
- Exercise sound judgment and integrity at all times to ensure confidentiality of protected information.
- Be fiscally competent in roistering and labor costs, budgeting, forecasting including the commentary that goes with the documents/meetings.
- Ensure that Department Heads demonstrate full awareness of departmental budget/P&L and work towards achieving it by minimizing expenses and maximizing F&B revenue
- Review all CAPEX
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Heartist service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
- Positive Orientation
- Operational Decision Making
- Self-Development & Management
- Developing an Empowered Team
- Leading an Engaged and Diverse Team
Leading the Business
- Advocating Guest Passion
- Business Planning and Analysis
- Business Improvement and Change
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree from a reputable hospitality/business school preferred
- Minimum 15 years of total experience with strong operations background
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar capacity
- High degree of professionalism with strong understanding of hotel operations and business acumen
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language, knowledge of Arabic language can be added advantage
- Strong working knowledge of Digital tools
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and training skills
- Excellent communication and customer contact skills
- Results and service oriented with an eye for details
- Ability to multi-task, work well in stressful & high-pressure situations
- A motivator & self-starter
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
What we offer....
- An innovative and fast-growing international group, committed not only to building new hotels, but to creating a global brand.
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in a creative and rewarding environment.
- Member of a team that is passionate about creating great hotel experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Great discounts on the entire Ennismore family.
- Many opportunities to progress and change as part of a global family of brands.
- Regular team meetings, from our team cups to our annual parties (quite special!): we know how to have fun!
- An annual calendar of diversity and inclusion events that gives you opportunities to learn, celebrate, and make a positive impact. opportunities to progress and grow in a diverse and global family of brands.
You will report to the General Manager.