Bar Manager | The Hoxton, Lloyd Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We’re looking for a Bar Manager with energy, personality and charm to join our team at The Hoxton, Lloyd.
A city so good we had to double down! In 2023 we will be opening our second Hoxton in Amsterdam, this time based in the Eastern Docklands where we are lovingly taking the reins of the historic former Lloyd Hotel. We are now looking for a Bar Manager to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand in this new neighbourhood.
This beautiful property will feature 136 bedrooms, including the introduction of some new rooms categories for the Hox, a large ground floor restaurant and huge outdoor terrace, a new bar and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our Director of F&B you will be responsible to provide a highly efficient and effective service, ensuring standards are maintained and guest needs are anticipated.
What You'll do...
- Set the brand standards for the bar
- Recruit, lead, train and motivate the bar team in delivering exceptional service, helping them improve their skills and providing support for career development
- Enhance customer satisfaction
- Drive sales and maximise profits whilst controlling operational expenses
- Supervise stock rotations for the soft and alcoholic drinks and catering supplies
- Ensure that there is enough equipment to ensure smooth operations, inventory to follow stock in place and order to be pass accordingly
- Increase sales through your innovative and creative approach and reliable advice
- Guarantee the respect of procedures governing cash operations, administration and audits, in line with the hotel policy
- Control all equipment in the bar to ensure full par stocks
- Maintain high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
- Run monthly the inventory, analyses beverages ratios results and optimize the target
What we're looking for...
- You have a high level of verbal and written communication skills and competent computer skills
- Previous experience as a Bar Manager
- You will have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You love spices/herbal herbs and know how to extract their best flavour
- You have a passion in mixology and have a creative sense for decoration to add that special touch
- The ability to lead, motivate and influence your team
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today
- You get us. You know our hotels, maybe you’ve hung out in our bars and possibly regretted that last cocktail the next morning
- You get stuff done!
- We do like to try (almost) everything once – so do you
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
- You care about the detail
- You are you. No clones in suits for us
- Your glass is half full, always
What's in it for you...
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Goes without saying, but you get a free meal when on shift.
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!