Assistant Spa Manager
Mondrian Doha | West Bay Lagoon Doha, Qatar
From high-octane lobby socialising to events, celebrations, and business conclaves, every venue pulses to the electric Mondrian beat. With food and nightlife venues spread across eight different locations on the property, there is nothing like Mondrian Doha in the entire region.
How your day looks like:
- Manage and oversee spa operations to ensure successful achievement of overall business goals and objectives.
- Establish long range strategies and develop standards to measure service/sales performance and individual productivity.
- Assess the market for qualified technician/therapist and front desk candidates and direct effective recruiting techniques to attract and hire talented staff.
- Develop and maintain cooperation and teamwork within the spa, placing a high emphasis on customer service/satisfaction.
- Train and motivate staff, communicate performance expectations and develop specific goals/objectives.
- Interact with Hotel departments and participate in meetings as appropriate.
- Establish spa goals and objectives, monitor performance and provide timely follow-through.
- Recruit, train, develop and motivate staff to maintain teamwork and ensure maximum service/retail sales results.
- Monitor and control payroll/operating expenses to successfully achieve spa profit plan.
- Implement inventory control procedures to ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained.
- Plan, organize and monitor all packages and promotions.
SPA & RETAIL SALES / STOCK
- Promote and sell the services of the Spa and maximize the potential of all sales.
- Regularly monitor the retail sales and retail % of each staff member, providing motivation and training.
- Responsible for maintaining an effective stock control system including stock rotation, inventory and placing orders to par level, reporting cost to Director of Spa. Ensure a par stock appropriate to the business demands.
- Monitor the cost of product and correct usage of therapists.
- Ensure regular stock rotation within every treatment room.
FINANCE & COMMERCIAL
- Ensure that treatment scheduling meets the demands of the guest whilst maximizing revenue and trends.
- Plan an annual calendar of events and promotions and to review success with Director of Spa.
- Ensure the program of activities and events within the Spa are advertised, supported and meet the guests expectations and to ensure that all spa staff understand the content of the program.
- Prepare reports on key operating performance statistics in line with agreed procedures and implement action as discussed with the Director of spa and ESPA.
- Review, monitor and report treatments spend analysis in line with agreed parameters.
DUTY MANAGEMENT / OPERATIONS
- Ensure that all agreed operational standards are maintained within the Spa and that any defects are addressed quickly and efficiently.
- Take full management responsibility within the Spa in the absence of the Director of Spa, acting as Duty Manager and Spa Representative as required.
- Responsible for Opening / Closing Procedures when on duty.
- Set an example at all times in standards of professionalism, attitude and appearance as required from the staff.
- Provide operational support to all spa departments when required.
- To ensure that all treatments carried out in the spa are in line with agreed ESPA procedures.
PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT & TRAINING
- Manage all spa department rotas in line with the operational demands of the Spa and to review these regularly in line with special events, programs, visits etc. Oversee attendance sheets, sick leave and holiday arrangements.
- Provide the update to manuals, workbooks, to ensure that all operational procedures are carried out in the prescribed manner.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the employees at the Spa to develop a highly motivated team, who can deliver high standards of service in all areas.
- Develop an annual training plan with spa supervisors and ensure that all employees are trained and developed to meet the needs of the business.
GUEST & HOTEL RELATIONS
- Initially deal with all guest inquiries, feedback, complaints, and issues and to ensure that necessary follow up / action to carried out.
- Oversee Press visits, PR and VIP visits.
- Create and maintain relations with spa guests through having an active presence in key guest areas.
- Create strong relationship with key Hotel Departments.
HEALTH, SAFETY & HYGIENE
- Ensure that all Hotel and ESPA Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to and that all new staff receive instruction in these as part of their Spa Induction program.
- Ensure that the Spa's cleanliness and image are in line with agreed standards and are reviewed with key staff regularly.