Finance Manager (Maternity Cover)
We're looking for Finance Manager (Maternity Cover - 12 months) to join the finance team across our four London properties.
What’s in it for you…
- A competitive salary and eligibility to participate in our annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension and life insurance
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on site
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra £££ when you hit the big milestones!
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- Enhanced family leave for when you’re expanding your family
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact
What you'll do...
- Support the London Operations Finance Director with the financial operations of the hotels including reporting, Budgeting and forecasting
- Working alongside the Finance team to produce full monthly P&L, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Production of month end packs for trading entities and assist with presenting this information at monthly review meetings
- Managing and coaching the Income Audit team including regular team meetings and one-to-ones
- Management of sales ledger process including invoicing and cash management and credit control
- Ensuring all revenues from the Income Audit team are correctly posted and accounted for
- Ensuring compliance with statutory, as well as internal accounting, control procedures
- Managing department spend in line with Budgetary constraints (both Payroll and Expenditure)
- Supporting the hotels achieve financial targets
- Driving commercial awareness through coaching and training to both finance and non-finance staff within the hotels
- Supporting the preparation of submission of VAT returns, Cashflow forecast and other reporting requests
- Working with Management accountant to complete bank recs in a timely manner
- Ensuring the external audit is competed on a timely basis and all information requested in presented in a timely manner
What we're looking for...
- A finalist or fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- An understanding of daily, weekly, and monthly finance and operating procedures in a hotel or restaurant environment
- Not much escapes your attention even when working across multiple things at once
- Comfortable interacting with lots of different people whether that’s our own teams or external partners
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Food and Beverage procurement systems and Epos systems
- A confident communicator, who can ‘translate’ financial information to non-finance people
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits for us
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
Thank you for applying!