Director of Finance
Mondrian Doha | West Bay Lagoon Doha, Qatar
From high-octane lobby socialising to events, celebrations, and business conclaves, every venue pulses to the electric Mondrian beat. With food and nightlife venues spread across eight different locations on the property, there is nothing like Mondrian Doha in the entire region.
What do we expect from you?
The Director of Finance is responsible for providing financial leadership in the financial area of the Hotel by supplying management with guidance and training. He/she is also responsible for focusing on the profitability of the business, maintaining accurate and timely financial reporting, ensuring acceptable levels on internal control, ensuring compliance with all, and local and International financial regulations, and safeguarding owners/investors assets.
How your day looks like?
- Manage and communicate cash flow related issues which includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash flow statements, management of receivables, payables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds
- All laws and fiscal regulations of the country of location (which affect financial matters of the hotel) must be complied with. This includes the responsibility for seeing that proper permits and licenses are obtained for such things as currency transfers.
- The safekeeping of all leases, contracts, and any other legal records and documents which may affect the financial status of the hotel
- Signs, signifying the inspection and approval of all daily reports of operations, Monthly Reports, Monthly trends of operations reports, Monthly source of business report and Monthly Auditor`s Check list reports
- Signs, signifying his inspection and approval of all Daily Reports of operations, Monthly Reports, Monthly Trend of Operations Report, Monthly Source of Business Report and Monthly Auditor’s Check List Report.
- Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with International established guidelines
- Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement methodologies to management
- Monitor the capital planning process by assisting management with the calculation of return on capital improvements, gathering support and monitoring the bid process, and ensuring proper upkeep of the property by evaluating scope of work and specifications
- Ensure hotels’ compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes
- Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items
- Analyze financial data and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels’ financial objectives. Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliation’s are reconciled on a timely basis
- Embrace a continuous growth environment by actively assisting in recruiting, review maintaining an inventory of Controllers, Assistant Controllers, Accounting Managers, and other managers for the organization
- Experience in the Middle East is required, with a preference for candidates who have experience specifically in Qatar.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field & professional accounting qualification.
- Minimum 5 years experience at a managerial level that includes:
- Preparation, review, analysis & presentation of management & statutory reporting.
- Extensive Knowledge of hotel internal controls.
- Knowledge of budget process.