People & Culture Intern
The Hoxton, Poblenou | Avinguda Diagonal, 205, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
The Hoxton Poblenou is looking for a People & Culture Intern!
In April 2022 we have opened our first Hoxton in El Poblenou in the city of Barcelona and we’re looking for an outgoing People & Culture Intern to help run the day-to-day People operations for 5-6 months.
Reporting to our People & Culture Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the daily people operations.
This is our 11th Hoxton and the hotel boasts 240 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant and deli shop, a rooftop restaurant and pool, a huge basement events space and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept).
What you’ll do…
- Support the team with recruitment needs, CV pre-screening and telephone screening.
- Advertise vacancies on The Hoxton website and local recruitment job boards.
- Organise coffee chats with all new starters.
- Fun-time Friday, get togethers? That’s your domain. You arrange the regular events that everyone looks forward to.
- Get involved in the Team activities.
- And yes, there’s some admin... Some training tracking, some scanning, some business card order. But let’s face it, we know you love that!
- Tech? No issue. You know your systems and can set up accounts for the team.
What we’re looking for…
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management or Human Resources Management.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others; that person who makes you feel confident they can answer any question and who you'd want to stop and chat to.
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You are scarily organised, have the ability to multi-task and spin a million plates in the air at one time, prioritise and re-prioritise as things come in.
- You know how to crack the whip – but make people feel good at the same time.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door.
- You make people feel good - your team and colleagues alike.
- If we get stuck in a lift with you – we’ll get along nicely and have a laugh along the way!
What's in it for you...
- Internship allowance of 500€ gross per month.
- The opportunity to be part of our People function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Barcelona (and Spain).
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
More about us...
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Sus datos serán tratados por The Hoxton, Poblenou (Middlebury Invest, S.L.) para posibilitar su participación en nuestro proceso de selección. Puede solicitar información adicional acerca del referido tratamiento o sobre el ejercicio de sus derechos, entre otros, de acceso, rectificación, supresión, oposición o portabilidad dirigiéndose a: The Hoxton, Poblenou, Avda. Diagonal, 205. 08018 Barcelona o a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for applying!