The Hoxton, Charlottenburg | Meinekestraße 18-19, 10719 Berlin, Germany
The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin)
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favorite cities and we’ve opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are now looking for a waiter/waitress to join our team.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant and bar, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept. Our restaurant is the meeting of a North Indian communal eatery and a classic European cuisine. It brings together the characteristics of these two traditional restaurants - the tandoor ovens, Indian spices and marinades, select prime cuts of meat, and buzzing atmosphere.
Reporting to our Floor Manager, you will be responsible for serving the guests and make sure they will have a great time.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- 24 holidays (plus bank holidays) and extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- A competitive package, plenty of opportunity for development and rewards for going the extra mile and living our values.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family (which you get to keep even if you decide to leave us!)
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What you'll do...
- You’re the face of our guests’ experience and you bring your own flavour to the(ir) table.
- Make sure that from the moment they arrive to when they leave, they’re having a great time.
- Work with the rest of team in keeping things running smoothly and tidily.
What we're looking for...
- You are flexible to work on rotative shifts and on weekends.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- Fluent in English, good German knowledge, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience.
- A people person, great at building and nurturing long lasting relationships.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get stuff done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- If we got stuck in a lift together, we’d have a good time and share a few laughs.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
Thank you for applying!