Guest Service Manager | The Hoxton, Lloyd Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We are looking for a Front Guest Service Manager to join us at The Hoxton, Lloyd.
A city so good we had to double down! In 2023 we will be opening our second Hoxton in Amsterdam, this time based in the Eastern Docklands where we are lovingly taking the reins of the historic former Lloyd Hotel. We are now looking for a Guest Service Manager to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully launching our brand in this new neighbourhood.
This beautiful property will feature 136 bedrooms, including the introduction of some new rooms categories for the Hox, a large ground floor restaurant and huge outdoor terrace, a new bar and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our Front Office Manager you will be responsible to provide a highly efficient and effective service, ensuring standards are maintained and guest needs are anticipated.
What you'll do...
- Support the running of our day to day Front Office, leading and inspiring our receptionists to create a memorable, effortless Hox experience for our guests – from when they arrive, over the course of their stay and until they get their bill and head off again
- Lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; help them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top experiences for our guests and comfortable turning to you with questions
- Contribute to our success as a business, by making sure the right rates are being used, managing overbooking levels and working with the team to make sure we have a full and happy house
- Making sure everything is running smoothly and looking sharp, working with the team to find solutions to any hick ups
What we're looking for...
- Hotel or leisure related experience in a similar role
- If you’re familiar with Opera or similar front desk operating system and understand GDS that would be a big advantage
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, leaving them with a memorable experience
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- If we got stuck in a lift together we’d have a good time and share a few laughs
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What's in it for you...
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Free lunch before payday as a treat at the end of the month
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.
Thank you for applying!