General Maintenance Technician
Hyde Dubai | Marasi Drive, Business Bay, Dubai, UAE
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it’s a state of mind.
HYDE HOTEL DUBAI
Hyde Hotel Dubai, part of the world-leading Accor and Ennismore group, is the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Hotel Dubai, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa – the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai features three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel’s public areas, guestrooms and Cleo are designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge are designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following:
- Reports to the Duty Engineer / Supervisor daily work progress and work order completion.
- Fault finding & trouble shooting of reported guest room complaints
- Works closely with Duty Engineer / Supervisor and peers to carry out preventive maintenance and annual maintenance program.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in job, departmental procedures and instructions.
- Carries out all other tasks assigned to him by his supervisor.
These includes but are not limited to the following:
- Able to read Building Services & electrical drawings.
- Able to fault find and repair electrical controls and systems.
- Excellent understanding of electrical installations and systems within modern buildings; TV, Dimmers, BMS, LV controls etc
- Good practical skills capable of the installation and maintenance of SWA, Conduit, Trunking FP 2000 etc. to a high standard.
- Familiar with planned Preventive Maintenance and Safety programmes.
- Flexible and team player and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Works closely with peers to assist in their job when requested by Duty Engineer/ Shift Leader
- To attain all departmental meetings and training classes.
- Good basic English
- Experience and knowledge of modern hotel rooms facilities equipment and set-ups.
- Secondary School + Technical College or equal.
- Minimum of 5 years Electrical/HVAC installation or maintenance experience preferably in Industrial – Commercial Projects. Hotels – Hospitals experience