Cluster People & Culture Director
Morgans Originals Sanderson | 50 Berners St, Fitzrovia, London W1T 3NG, UK
We have a fabulous opportunity to join our London cluster, which encompasses St Martins Lane London, Sanderson London & Mondrian Shoreditch as a Cluster People & Culture Director.
As the original lifestyle hotels, St Martins Lane London and Sanderson London sit under the Morgans Originals brand, a collection of independent hotels sharing the same spirit. Equal parts glossy, surprising and rebellious; we balance a refined outlook with careful chaos.
Always at the heart of the most exciting cultural scenes in the world, Mondrian Shoreditch serves up innovation and creativity with its progressive forward-thinking approach that plays with perspective and makes you dream, meaning both guests and locals alike can immerse themselves in the culture of each city it inhabits.
The role will report directly into our Area General Manager of St Martins Lane London and Sanderson London and the General Manager of Mondrian Shoreditch with a dotted line to our VP of People & Culture and will work closely with local property teams, and the UK and global brand People & Culture teams. In your role you will be responsible to lead our People & Culture functions across our three properties, Sanderson, St. Martins Lane and Mondrian Shoreditch in London.
- Develop, lead and implement our People strategy that is compatible with a defined and agreed company direction.
- Manage the culture of the Hotels by promoting a fair, safe and equitable environment and champion the notion of being an employer of choice through initiatives such as empowerment, innovation, development, communication and remuneration.
- Lead our efforts in embedding our values and behaviours.
- Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies to attract top talent.
- Be responsible to develop, lead and implement our Learning & Development culture within the business from how we onboard our teams to enhancing our teams’ skills and knowledge through our Discover Your Best Self philosophy.
- Manage and drive our Talent review process from coffee chats, annual reviews through to talent and career management.
- Develop and implement our policies, processes and procedures ensuring we are aligned, compliant and on top of it at all times.
- Ensure that the Hotel operates within the employment law framework and act as an Advisor to all Managers on all aspects of employment legislation ensuring full legal and company policy compliance.
- Act as a trusted Partner to the business and support Senior Managers on ER and performance management cases, ensuring fair and consistent outcomes while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Lead and support the People & Culture teams from providing guidance and advice to developing the team and setting them up for success.
- Conduct regular People & Culture audits to assess compliance with policies, procedures, and legal requirements. Prepare and analyse HR reports, metrics, and analytics to identify trends, address areas of improvement, and support decision-making processes.
- Get involved and lead projects. We want to hear your ideas and get your input.
A bit about you:
- You are an experienced HR professional with a demonstrable track record of excelling in People operations and has a strong approach to People strategy.
- You will be currently working in a lifestyle or high-end contemporary hotel in a metropolitan market, preferably across a multi-location environment.
- You will have in-depth knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and HR best practices.
- You have proven expertise in recruitment, onboarding, training, and conflict resolution.
- You're someone who is comfortable with a high-profile leadership role and has strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- You will have a high level of integrity and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- You will have exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a strategic mindset.
- You have a good understanding and proven experience with the commercial aspects of the business.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- You contribute to the hospitality industry by being involved in local committees, championing career development or attending networking events.
What's in it for you...
- You will receive a competitive package with a significant opportunity for career development.
- The opportunity to head up our People & Culture function across the cluster.
- The chance to build and embed an evolved brand identity across all three properties.
- To work for an innovative organisation, committed to not just building new hotels but building global brands.
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
As well as this you will also receive these perks…
- Private Medical Insurance - offers you access to private medical services.
- Contributory Pension Scheme, meaning we’ll match what you put in up to a certain percentage.
- Group Income Protection & Group Life Assurance.
- Discounted global hotel and restaurant rates for you across the whole of Ennismore.
- A day off for your birthday plus an extra day added to your holiday allowance each year.
- A health cash plan to claim money back and get access to lots of ways to support your physical & mental wellbeing.
- Enhanced family leave for when you are expanding your family.
- Code membership – up to 50% off your favourite London restaurants, bars and hotels for you to enjoy in your downtime.
- Party, Party, Party – from regular team drinks to our bi-annual parties. We know how to let our hair down.
- Breakfast Lunch and Dinner – depending on your shift patterns.
- Dry cleaning – for your work uniform.