Head of Travel Sales
SLS Barcelona | Carrer de Vila, 08017 Barcelona, Spain
SLS Barcelona brings a new variety of oceanside glamor, indulgence and excellence to Barcelona’s vibrant 22@ neighborhood. Here the hallmarks of an SLS wonderland – playful ambiance, VIP treatment, and theatrical experiences - meet idyllic views to set a lavish stage for the extraordinary to unfold. The only 5-star hotel in the city to feature a terrace off every guestroom (471 in total), SLS Barcelona is all-encompassing in its delight, with two pools, a spa, fitness center and six bars and restaurants that create lively food and entertainment within this singular location. A 750sqm auditorium and a dozen versatile meeting spaces round out the offering to form the complete destination - inviting groups, events and travelers of all types to say, “farewell to the ordinary.”
We are looking for highly energetic, motivated and organized Head of Travel Sales to join the pre-opening team at SLS Barcelona. The Head of Travel Sales is responsible for proactively generating new business for Groups and Transient in line with the hotel budget, to meet and exceed monthly revenue goals in rooms and food & beverage. They provided account management for new and existing accounts and, with the sales team, prospect and handling of accounts from within the local, regional, and international markets, as well as, the preparation and execution of action plans, negotiation of rates/contracts and qualifying customers.
What you'll do...
- Lead hotel’s sales efforts with key leisure and group market accounts, focusing on customer relationships to achieve optimum market share.
- Solicit business to exceed budgeted revenue goals through telephone solicitation, e-commerce, face to face sales calls, outside sales calls, sales blitzes, cold calling, prospecting, direct mail, networking, site inspections, written communications including offer letters and rate contracts.
- Respond and track all leads through all sources, secure bid opportunities through direct contact, e-mail, and telephone.
- Obtain up to 50-75 new key-prospects, on a weekly basis.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition, and customers.
- Responsible for the annual RFP process working closely with the Ennismore and Accor sales teams.
- Responsible for familiarization trips from specialist market segments – Corporate Buyers, MICE, entertainment, etc.
- Assist in implementing ad hoc and tactical promotions relating to direct sales segments.
- Within established parameters, quote and negotiate prices with customer representatives confirming reservations by letter and drawing up contracts; sign for the hotel and obtain customer signature to close the transaction.
- Participates in groups and pre-convention meetings (when appropriate), trainings and other sales-related meetings.
- Work with event, sales, and revenue teams to ensure maximum revenue is driven during week days, weekend periods, special occasions such as National Holidays and Festive periods.
- Work with other departments within the hotel and key contacts at Global Sales office locations to provide quality service to customers.
- Work with catering team to develop an outdoor catering market.
- Meet or exceed personal and team sales solicitation call goals based on a minimum of 5 daily appointments per person covering existing and prospective accounts.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours, and site inspections according to set weekly targets.
- Complete a daily/weekly/monthly log of all key activities and complete weekly reporting schedule to the Director of Sales.
- Create trade show and industry meetings calendar together with Direct of Sales for themselves and the team, which will require travel. Attend trade shows, workshops, sales blitzes community events and industry meetings.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company and sales policies, procedures, and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Be able to conduct a professional and thorough site inspection of the property.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Events, Food and Beverage, Banqueting, Guest Services, Revenue & Reservations.
- Together with sales team, develop strategic marketing plans to sell assigned room segments as part of the annual business plan.
- Create and maintain a Transient Business database according to SLS hotels standards.
- Support the maintenance of the Sales Departmental expense budgets.
- Together with the DoS, recruit, direct, manage, train and counsel Business Travel Sales
- Oversee Sales management, coordinators, and representatives in absence of the Director of Sales
- Assist the Director of Sales in the recruitment and hiring of the sales team.
What we are looking for...
- At least two (2) + years of experience working in Hotel Sales, or equivalent industry experience preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of selling strategies and the ability to meet goals.
- Able to utilize property adopted systems for booking, tracking, forecasting, and executing optimal selling strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions.
- Track record of developing long term relationships and contacts.
- Proficient in Windows Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Exceptionally strong ability to communicate in English and Spanish, both orally and in writing, with guests and team members, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems. Additional languages are welcome.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and self-starter who is a team player and comes with a can-do attitude.
- You make people feel good - your team, guests and colleagues alike. You make a positive impact.
- You’re a strong team leader, a natural at managing and inspiring others in a way that gets the best out of them.
- You are an excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you’re passionate about what we can achieve together.
- You take ownership of important issues, solve problems, and make effective decisions.
- You learn quickly and adapt to SLS’s unique culture.
- You are humble and open to ideas. We leave our ego at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
What's in it for you...
- The opportunity to join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and exploring new locations at every opportunity.
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- Excellent discounts across the entire Ennismore family of brands.
SLS is part of Ennismore, a creative hospitality company rooted in culture and community, with a global collection of entrepreneurial and founder-built brands with purpose at their heart. Ennismore is a joint- venture with Accor, formed in 2021.